Sourcing Langshans

Kate Morgan

In the Brooder
Mar 23, 2019
Hi all!

I have some Langshans in my flock from a local breeder who has since stopped breeding them. Where would you advise getting Langshans from? I would be happy with day-olds or hatching eggs, but I would want enormous, beautiful, docile birds. Any thoughts?

I purchased from Ideal Hatchery. They have the Croad line.
I’m simply diversifying my flock and having son show in 4H.
I don’t know where to find show quality.

One person had them for sale at Ohio National this past weekend. I looked at them but didn't buy because they didn't have the size and refinement I want in my flock. There were some very good Langshans in the show and I'm trying to contact some of the exhibitors to see if they might have birds for sale come spring.

One person had them for sale at Ohio National this past weekend. I looked at them but didn't buy because they didn't have the size and refinement I want in my flock. There were some very good Langshans in the show and I'm trying to contact some of the exhibitors to see if they might have birds for sale come spring.
Can you help a hen out?

For those who are within driving distance of Ohio there is one very, very good Langshan breeder that I know of. He's working with LF and Bantam in black, white, blue, and splash. Beautiful, typey birds, in good health, and reasonably priced. Also a wealth of knowledge for those willing to take the time to "talk birds" with him.

This late in the season he may or may not have any birds still for sale, but I can check if people are interested.

For those who are within driving distance of Ohio there is one very, very good Langshan breeder that I know of. He's working with LF and Bantam in black, white, blue, and splash. Beautiful, typey birds, in good health, and reasonably priced. Also a wealth of knowledge for those willing to take the time to "talk birds" with him.

This late in the season he may or may not have any birds still for sale, but I can check if people are interested.
I AM TOTALLY SERIOUSLY INTRESTED!
Please seek information on my behalf?

I will ask him if it's OK to pass his information along. He and his wife are also involved with the American Langshan Association--membership is quite reasonable, and I highly recommend it for anyone interested in this breed.

Back
Top Bottom