South Carolina

Now this is what I call snow....oh it feels like home
lol.png

Dogs are loving it, cats wont leave the garage, goats didnt even move of their porch when I went to feed them, horses are running round with 2 inches of snow on them without a care in the world, ducks came rushing out the door and soon slammed o n their breaks. Ive dug them a 6ft by ft piece of ground on either side of the fence but are all sitting in the snow and the dipsy ducks are eating snow in the water buckets trying to have a bath. I was sweating to death in mt 10 layers by the time I had finished.
I should of gone to town yesterday but was sick as a dog I now have no duck food and my neighbor needs hay. Guess we are going into town today. Oh what a lovely day
cool.png

We have about 6 inches and it's still coming down. We don't live at the farm and I don't think we can get out there. It's about 20 minutes away. I'm worried about my chickens! I gave them extra food and put some of the waterers in the coops in the hopes they wouldn't freeze. If we get ice and can't drive in the morning, they're in trouble.
sad.png

Im going out reguardless. My ducks need feed, its my own fault I should of gone yesterday but I didnt coz I was sick. As long as you take your time it will be ok. Me personally, I dont see what the big panic is!! Its only snow, its not like its 10ft high to an indian

We easily have 8" maybe more! And it's still coming down. I'm so glad I dont have to work today. I'm babysitting the Chickens! Their water keeps icing over and it snowed in the front part of the coop so they are trapped in the back. And some poor little snow birds are tring to get in there...Bad Idea I tell them, cause my chickens hunt little birds...Bizzar they are!!!
droolin.gif

Oh a bad note My Kerosene heater's wick is now out
ep.gif
...Now lets all pray there is NO power outs! Cause I'll be a wee bit cold! Everybody stay safe and warm and remember "it's all about the Chickens" lol!!! Take Care Yancy!!!!

Yeah, I called the boss's assistant and said I couldn't see the road for the snow. Coming down fast now!

I ended up having to go in this morning, but only for a few hours to reschedule our patients for today and tomorrow. Honey insisted on driving me in his 4wd truck. It's pretty icy now. My chickens have not come out of the henhouse yet today! The horses hadn't touched the snow when I went to feed at 6am, but then they got excited when they saw me and went trotting around.

Can it be spring now please?

Beth

Ahhhhhhh what a morning....my dogs are also running around...chickens refusing to come out of the coops...they stick their little beaks out but thats it. Mule is out there rolling in it. Barn cats sitting and watching and horses trotting and running around...sooooo I had to go saddle up my guy and go for a ride this morning...came back as it started sleeting...but it sure was nice while I was riding...came upon a big flock of wild turkeys out scratching around and scared up a couple deer...now back in the house with coffee just watching the weather...you all stay safe and warm! Here is my mode of transportation today!

73268_img_4356.jpg

Well, it looks like on the radar that we about over it now. I can't see much left to come our way. I am just hoping that the freezing rain and sleet don't come our way. That always spells trouble.

I went out and took a ton of photos but don't have much space left in my uploads here so I will just put them on my website under the categories where they belong. I took several of the different breeds and the barn. The horse was just munching his hay so he wasn't as interesting. But the chickens and ducks are hilarious in it. And of course, the dog thinks it is wonderful! She has a big fur coat!
woot.gif

well I went to work this morning in a white fluffy snow worked till 4 then that white fluffy turned into that greyish chunky stuff
ep.gif

The good thing is so far we still have power. hurry up spring

Back
Top Bottom