South Carolina

I had to share our morning with you....

Lydia with her Delaware chicks -- have I mentioned that they are all her chickens?
wee.gif

How adorable is that!!!???? Cute as pie, I tell you!

OK what does one do to get rid of mites?????? Help! I have tried dusting in DE. However I have been doing some reading and this does not always work. How long do I do it? Should I do Sevin dust instead? I have also read something about apple cider vinegar working? Thanks!

OK what does one do to get rid of mites?????? Help! I have tried dusting in DE. However I have been doing some reading and this does not always work. How long do I do it? Should I do Sevin dust instead? I have also read something about apple cider vinegar working? Thanks!
I use sevin dust on the chicken and in the coops if they are bad. I also use ivermectin pour on cattle wormer. Get Duvet brand at Tractor Supply. It is the generic and is only about $15, Or you can get the brand name for about $35-50. I take a syringe and put a few drops between the wings on the back directly on the skin. You can do a search online and get the exact dose for the size of chickens or bantams. A bottle last a long time.
It is supposed to kill internal worms and external mites/lice. Northern fowl mites have been terrible this year especially on silkie crests. Ivermectin is used to worm humans.

Quote:
Somehow I had hatching fever or something with the Guineas. I was moving them around today because they grow so darned fast and I can't keep them in a brooder tub more than a week or two so the feathered ones went out to the wire bottom brooder with some a bit older and then I moved the fuzzy keets into a bigger tub inside the brooder room.
I counted....BIG mistake. Ugh. I did not feel so bad before that. How did I wind up with almost 100? Egad! They look so little and cute!
th.gif
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom