South Carolina

For those of you that are not close enough to the swap in York there is also one right above Tryon NC on Hwy 9 the same day. Very close to Spartanburg, Greenville and Hendersonville.

The one in NC is closer to me, also, so I will be going to it again. They have one several times a year and have awnings and tables set up. There is water for the birds and huge oak trees for shade, as well.
I have been to 3 or 4 of them and really enjoyed it. I sell instead of buy, though. There is also a little store inside the Ag center plus restrooms.

I think I will try to be there too! I won't bring any birds; I am brand new to this chicken thing and one to get the ones I have right before I start swapping out, but I would love to observe and learn!

There will also be a chicken swap / sale at Tractor Supply on Bobby Jones in Augusta, GA on June 28th : )

For more info, check here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/HobbyFarmersOfTheCSRA/

Last edited:
There are a lot of swaps going on that day! I thought it woudl be too hot but I will be up here in the cooler mountains so I am not as worried. But it is odd for me to think of swaps being in June. I suppose because there aren't many poultry shows this time of year.

Aw man, I'd love to go to a swap with Dipsy's birds. Not enough to drive to Augusta, though.
tongue.png
I'll actually have some of your little naked necks to swap/sell in NC. Maybe. If I can let any of them go - They're all awesomely different, and I'm afraid to accidentally let a pullet go. I've only let one of the little guys go and that was to a friend like 5 miles up the road, haha. (she took in a deformed cochin I had from a hatchery order, and she needed a buddy. I get him back if he's a cockerel, though.
lol.png
).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom