South Carolina

Quote:
I sent in an email today to sign up. I just want to learn how to candle eggs. I have been guessing at what I see--which is usually nothing or all black.
smile.png
I would like to be able to identify blood spots in eggs. I am not comfortable selling eggs now.
If I find blood spots in the eggs when I break them, I fry them for the doggies. They don't mind them at all.
big_smile.png

I eat mine with blood spots but DH won't.

The secret to candling is a fabulous LED light.
Anytime you want to see what's inside an egg just come on over. I have a fabulously bright light, lots of eggs in all stages of development and you won't have to drive nearly as far.
Kimberly can come over and show you her magic, too. According to Nicole, Kimberly candles every day!
lol.png

Wonderful. Next time I am heading that way, I will let you know. Thanks

Quote:

Anytime you want to see what's inside an egg just come on over. I have a fabulously bright light, lots of eggs in all stages of development and you won't have to drive nearly as far.
Kimberly can come over and show you her magic, too. According to Nicole, Kimberly candles every day!
lol.png

Amy - what kind of flashlight do you use? I have one that works great for all eggs except marans. Still haven't found anything that lets me see inside those dark eggs.

I bought the highest lumen, smallest diameter flashlight I could find at academy sports and it works great for me. Marans are harder to candle but once u get the hang of it, it's much easier. With marans I Cant tell progress with development, but can tell clear vs. Developed eggs.

Quote:
It's part of our geometry section. You start with a polygon..I started with a square. If you cut from one side, you add that cut out piece to the other..and so on. Here's the process I did:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/51428_ptdc0011.jpg

By definition tesselations are any arrangement in which nonoverlapping figures are place together to entirely cover a region. They are often found in floor tile decorations. There are only 3 regular polygons that tessellate: equilateral triangles, hexagons, and squares.

I made mine even prettier
smile.png
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/51428_ptdc0009.jpg

I love this, it is beautiful! But am I the only one wondering why the heck you're doing Geometry in Elem Ed classes? Just wondering
smile.png

We cover up to 6th grade
smile.png
I'm hoping to have babies though...nothing over 3rd...so I wont really have to deal with geometry. I mean we did start out with the basics though. This is a square, this is a triangle, etc etc. I think our professor told us that by the time they leave k5 they're expected to be calling a circle a sphere.

Quote:
Mine just pupated after 2 weeks. I thought the larve were dead. But, nope. I have hope.

I hope mine develop fast. I have a RIR that will not hesitate to jump up on my arm holding the treats, or today, she landed on my back since I was holding a cup full of corn. When she finally returned to the ground, (my choice, not hers) my wonderful rooster went over and knocked her over the heard for such a dumb stunt. THAT was funny!

Quote:

lol.png

Amy - what kind of flashlight do you use? I have one that works great for all eggs except marans. Still haven't found anything that lets me see inside those dark eggs.

I have a Bayco brand LED light. It has 2 lights on it that are so cool to use. One is a spot light and the other a soft lamp. It lets me see inside the Marans eggs but not well enough for veins. I don't think anything can see through to the the veins in those really dark eggs that I get. You have seen how dark some of my eggs are so you know only God can see through mud!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom