South Carolina

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by enola, Feb 1, 2009.

1. emptynester

emptynester Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Beaufort, SC
    Quote:[​IMG] That is AWESOME chicken math!! I Love it!! [​IMG]

2. KrisH

KrisH Chillin' With My Peeps

I feel kind of bad for one of our chickens. She always lays the largest eggs, but today, wow a 3 oz egg. I know the adam and Eve story, but what did chickens go to tick off god?

for reference, that is a D size battery

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  3. dixiebeast

dixiebeast Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    Cross Hill SC
    Quote:I'm glad you got them for her too.. they were a nice lot.. and you got that other lot of the mix that you wanted.. you'd think yesterday was your birthday.. hahah oh it was.. hahahh.. you'll have to post pics.. sorry we had to leave so soon.. i thought that it was going to end earlier but I think where they got started late it set everything behind.. we had to race back home to Hickory tavern and get ready for a wedding at 1:30 back at lake greenwood st park.. least to say I did not want to smell of chicken and beef cattle. hahah.. I put my makeup on in the car.. but we got there on time and had a great time with old friends.

what kind of rooster did she buy? I cant remember if your mom has a good EE rooster? [​IMG] after I get these fattened up and healthy that I got at the thing. Ill get one to her if she wants one of them.. they're gonna be pretty if i ever get some meat on their bones.. they're eating good but no weight yet? dont know why? I need to re worm them again.. maybe they were just so wormy its gonna take the more powerful stuff. at least they are completely mite free. yeah...

glad you had a fun birthday... you should have a great year now too. [​IMG]

say hi to all

I've got to go.. I'm sure all my kids are mad at me I haven't been out to the coop yet this am.. taking it slow... trying to get caffeine jump start hahah [​IMG]

)O(
    Pink

Thanks Pink...I was bidding on the younger group of EE (lot 1) but they went over my pre decided limit...I forgot you were bidding on some of those too and that was my first auction so I got carried away...we had picked 3 lots and set what we would spend...The first lot was the Hubbies choice so I HAD to get those since he doesnt "want " chickens! LOL Last night he started planning a 32x40 coop!lol

My mom got the Roo from the people the Wheaton EE ( they and the clemson lady say they r full amer's?) that was the Roo the girls grew up with...he is soo pretty but I still want one like my EE...I am giving up Silkies for Miile Fluer's!! Here are some pics I have!!
    [​IMG]Want a Roo like this!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Poor Girls...waiting to get home!!

4. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    What great birds! You did well at the sale.

When you say Mille Fleur, what breed do you mean? MF is a color pattern.
    I have Mille Fleur d'Uccles.....

[​IMG]

Here is a Porcelain d'Uccle. I will breed this back to the Mille Fleur for more Porcelains.

[​IMG]

Here is part of my flock. Yes, they live outside in a tractor where they can be moved to fresh grass and dirt every few days. They don't break even if they are small. The largest rooster should only be 1 lb 10 oz., hens are around 1 lb 6 oz.

[​IMG]

Or are you talking about Mille Fleur in another breed?
    I also have Mille Fleur bantam Cochins that I am working on. We hope to get these accepted into the APA.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. KrisH

KrisH Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful birds WestKnollAmy, I have wondered though, how do you keep their slippers from getting gross?

6. Moonchild

Moonchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Spartanburg,SC
    Quote:

7. FarmerJohn3285

FarmerJohn3285 County Line Farms

Nov 18, 2010
    Trenton, SC
    Had 23 of 30 coturnix quail hatch today. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. emptynester

emptynester Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Beaufort, SC
    Quote:Whoot! [​IMG] Those babies are so cute!![​IMG]

9. FarmerJohn3285

FarmerJohn3285 County Line Farms

Nov 18, 2010
    Trenton, SC
    Quote:Whoot! [​IMG] Those babies are so cute!![​IMG]

THANKS!! [​IMG]

10. pinkwindsong

pinkwindsong Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Laurens SC
    Is it normal for my girls who had started laying to not lay everyday? my 5 girls who have laid an egg at least one each .[​IMG]. Im not getting 5 a day.Im realy hoping that its normal since they're still young. [​IMG]

)O(
    Pink

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by