South Carolina

Looking for some polish and some white peacocks down the way

I raise peafowl and occasionally have whites but none hatched out this year, only silver pieds. I sell the whites early as I do not like them but they pop out of my silver pieds about 25% of the time. I might get some to hatch out next year, you never know. This was the first year I did not get any whites but I got plenty of other colors. I like dabbling in making new patterns on the pieds but I also have Bronze, India Blue, Opal, Cameo, pied and silver pied. I am having to add new pens because of my addiction to them and I am scaling back on chickens!

I raise peafowl and occasionally have whites but none hatched out this year, only silver pieds. I sell the whites early as I do not like them but they pop out of my silver pieds about 25% of the time. I might get some to hatch out next year, you never know. This was the first year I did not get any whites but I got plenty of other colors. I like dabbling in making new patterns on the pieds but I also have Bronze, India Blue, Opal, Cameo, pied and silver pied. I am having to add new pens because of my addiction to them and I am scaling back on chickens!

How much do you sale them for? I would like pair of blues or greens.
Steven

The greens are Javas. I do not raise those and never will. They are totally different in care and some in appearance. Their temperaments can be aggressive and they are not as cold hardy, though I think we live in a fairly good area for them if their coop is more enclosed.
Price on mine depends on age. I have already sold out all of my India Blues this year. At this point in time I do not have anything available as I had a waiting list and had to fill it. I might have something available in Jan as I try to decide whether I want to keep the pied peacock boy and another girl. I have kept back 6 this year and am not sure I need more than 30 peafowl.

The greens are Javas. I do not raise those and never will. They are totally different in care and some in appearance. Their temperaments can be aggressive and they are not as cold hardy, though I think we live in a fairly good area for them if their coop is more enclosed.
Price on mine depends on age. I have already sold out all of my India Blues this year. At this point in time I do not have anything available as I had a waiting list and had to fill it. I might have something available in Jan as I try to decide whether I want to keep the pied peacock boy and another girl. I have kept back 6 this year and am not sure I need more than 30 peafowl.

Sounds good. If you decide to sale a pair please let me know.

Steven

*waves*

Holly Hill here, in Orangeburg County. Not a chicken owner yet, but hopefully in the next year or so, we'll get started. And truthfully, I haven't read this entire thread because it's enormous! Glad to see there's active folks in the state :)

Hello,

I know my chances of finding something are slim, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to post on here :)

I'm going to be relocating to Greenville, SC from Atlanta in the next few months and am looking to rent a house that has a coop in the backyard so my chickens can make the move with me. I am going to be heart broken if I have to get rid of my girls as I have grown very attached to them (and I feel that they have bonded with me as well).

If anyone knows of anything, please comment below. I would like to be close to downtown Greenville (within 15-20 minutes) and I also have two well behaved older dogs.

Thanks!
Chelsea
My brother and his wife are currently in a rental near downtown Greenville. They just purchased a home and will be moving in December/January. Their yard is fenced but there is no coop. I doubt that the owner would have a problem with you putting one there if you want to. Private message me if you'd like contact information to inquire about rental information.

My brother and his wife are currently in a rental near downtown Greenville.  They just purchased a home and will be moving in December/January.  Their yard is fenced but there is no coop.  I doubt that the owner would have a problem with you putting one there if you want to.  Private message me if you'd like contact information to inquire about rental information. 
Maybe someone in Greenville area would house your chicks until you can get landlord to approve and you get coop built.

Last edited:
I want to remind everyone that the Anderson All Breed Bantam Club is having it's annual show next month!
ya.gif
woot.gif

There is a website that is up to date with all the info you need on it. It is free parking, no fee to come in and there are always birds for sale in the parking lot. It is always at the T Ed Clemson arena in Clemson.

We usually have over 1000 birds being exhibited!
ep.gif

I hope you will join us and buy raffle tickets for some amazing products for your farm or birds! Vendors are kind enough to donate so we can raise money for the club so we have exciting products to offer!
clap.gif

Just search for Anderson Bantam Club and you should find the website with all the info.
caf.gif

See you on November 21st!

I will be the crazy chicken lady running around trying to keep up with the raffle table, t-shirt table, Poultry Press ads and show my birds at the same time!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom