South Carolina

Quote:
how old is your Pum pum..?

my Mee Beep was hatched on april 11th makes him 6 weeks old today. He is the dirtiest bird ever this little guy could get dirty in a bathtub.. do you have a problem with keeping Pum Pum white? he's already had a bath once, hes also not very big.. I say boy ? I am going by his top crest and what others say about the spiky is roo and rounded is pullet?

but then again I guesse i am comparing him to my older flock all bourn around st pattys day. making them 9 weeks and a couple days. for some reason they all are much biger than my second little flock.. that Mee Beep is in.

the only difference i can find inthe two groups is it was cold for the first flock and I kept the light on 24 hrs a day and they ate all night.. the second little flock of 1 polish, 2 EE's and 6 waynedottes its was hot at night so no light at night. ? must be the difference?
love to hear about your little polish
)O(
Pink
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/83076_sany0674.jpg
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/83076_sany0652.jpg
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/83076_sany0665.jpg

Yep - he looks like a roo to me! Very cute, love those tophats. There are two sizes of polish crested, standard and bantam. Maybe yours is a bantam?

Quote:
The eggs were sent to me as standard Polish but I was going for Silkies. They just added those and though I love most chickens, I do not need or want any Polish. Totally adorable but too flighty for me.

Quote:
I love your coop set up! Oh, to be so organized! I know you really enjoy that as you have shade and air flow.

Thank you Nadine (and to the rest). It is unfinished, I ran behind on my spring chores as always. I was thinking airflow. I have roof vents on the other side. One for each stall. The roof is open on the ends also. I hope to build another to match next spring. These are supposed to be out of here by now. The intent is to get them out of the box brooders, on the ground where the pullets are seperated to yards (put on grass) and the cockerels are raised up in these until the cull. I may add a fan, but these guys are supposed to be moved on by now. The New Hampshires wish I had one. They are from German imports, are new to me, and are not acclimated to the heat here. I hope they do well. They seam to be feeling it more than the rest today. These stalls are supposed to double as breeding pens come Feb.

ATTENTION!: Today i was told to find a new place to live, and i can not take my chickens with me! I am selling them cheap and need them to be gone within a few days! I have a trio of black SQ Ameraucana - $30, 2 pair and a trio of serama- $10 per pair and $15 for the trio, i also have a choclate split serama rooster for sale for $25! and two pair of MF cochins - $20 a pair, one hen is broody so im not sure what to do with her! I hate to loose my chickens but i will get back into them one day!
roll.png
Thanks

Quote:
Do you have any pics of your MF cochins?

No, but one pair is true MF and they are beautiful, thats the one with the broody hen, and the other is a MF roo with only a little color and a black mottled hen, they will produce good color i have heard!

Quote:
Do you have any pics of your MF cochins?

No, but one pair is true MF and they are beautiful, thats the one with the broody hen, and the other is a MF roo with only a little color and a black mottled hen, they will produce good color i have heard!

If I had the room and the money I would buy the Cochins and Ameraucanas but I am less than broke! I need to sell more but have too much work to even get photos or send them to people asking for some.

I am sorry you have to find a new place to live. What are you going to do at your age? I can't believe they would kick you out! Are you finished with school for this year already?

Is anyone planning to go on the CSFA's Upstate Farm tour next weekend? I think I may take my kiddos to a couple of the farms...sounds like some good entertainment on a Saturday afternoon. Plus, I can explain to them that this is what Mommy wants to do when she grows up
smile.png
My grandmother thinks I'm nutso for wanting a farm as my dream job. She always says she was "self sustaining before it was cool." She is 80 and often talks about growing up in the depression but they were so poor they didn't know when the Depression hit. Its been so much fun listening to her talk about when they had chickens, ducks, and turkeys. Anyway, I got totally sidetracked I thought I'd just throw out the Farm tour to see if anyone else was going.

Attn all......I I will be traveling through inman, sc all the way downthrough columbia, sc and then to augusta, ga. I currently have 4 easter egger pullets that are going to be 7 weeks old......2 pairs or 1 trio of Speckled Sussex large fowl that are going to be 13 weeks old.

If anyone is interested in them and can meet me along the way, PM me.

Easter egger girls...7 each or all 4 for 25.
Speckled sussex - 15/pair or 25 for trio.

Hi South Carolina Friends!!! Does anyone have room to adopt a Beautiful Buff Orpington Rooster?? I would like to keep them close by so maybe they could pay a visit to the girls once in a while?? I actually think I have 2
big_smile.png
Thanks

88786_angel_and_beauty_side_by_side.jpg

Back
Top Bottom