Southern CA Swap meet-up / Funday!

Thank you, Froggie, for a wonderful day. You really did go way above and beyond!! I didn't notice the wind at all (well, except for the grit in my eyes
tongue.png
) because I was so busy checking out all the cool birds.

And curse you Patty (onthespot)
wink.png
you broke my resolve to keep my flock at its current number - that lavender ameracauna was too pretty to resist. Good thing I have a very tolerant boyfriend!

And thanks to EVERYONE else who came - it's not a happening unless there's a crowd, and today was a fine turnout.

It was quite a day! Hope everyone got home safe and sound.
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

The long drive was worth the adventure and meeting and talking with everyone. And then there were the birds..............such beautiful little seramas. Our weather here in RC is to severe for that tiny breed.

Froggy thank you for your efforts, see you in the fall ? Nice people, nice park and weather was nice also. I guess that I missed the wind in Norco but I did experience some on the drive.

Sunny thank for transport of those plants for Anke. She said she wanted them ?????????I think ?

Glen I live a good distance from Mt. Palomar so it is good that I have plenty of beans to help with my caffeen needs.

Mrs. Northern Edwards &al thanks for the hatching eggs. I'll post when I have results.

Shuizar During the return drive, two newborn SilkieXMarans were busy chirping and I guess complaining about being hungry. I think that they were warm enough. When we got home i put them into my smallest crate next to my five 10 day old bantie babies and quick as turning around to find something they had squeezed out and joined the other babies. They are all snuggled together even thought I had palnned in keeping them seperate. And i do appreciate the test eggs for the broody.

Thank you for being you all you chicken people. I tried to say hello to everyone.
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Yes the day was great, I met a lot of great new friends , and send a few birds off to new homes and adventures .... Can't wait tell the next meet up......

I had a GREAT time, even if I only got there at around 1:30. The morning just got away from me, and I ran out of gas on the way there. I had put $40 in the rear tank, so I wasn't worried, but I forgot the truck was in the shop last week and they had to remove the gas tank to do something, so they put it back empty. (Wonder who got my gas... hmmmm....) anyhow, I didn't even think about that... gas gauge doesn't work, but I have two tanks and just switch from one to the other, didn't realize my back tank was empty. I had SO MUCH FUN and it was great to meet so many of the people who post here and put the names with the faces. I think we could pull off a monthly meet even... if we wanted to... If we publicised it in Norco, I bet you'd get the locals out in big numbers too. There is a LOT of chicken keeping going on in Norco... al LOT!

Quote:
no... that guy fell into the twilight zone or something... once it went over the little grass noll, it took me like ten seconds to get there and he was completely gone... walked around those two buildings and he wasn't in any bush or anything... that was the only upset for me yesterday... not finding that feisty dude...
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom