Southern CA Swap meet-up / Funday!

IMG_2518001.jpg

IMG_2519002.jpg

You can see where he bit me on my finger!!

Last edited:
Quote:
What colors are your bringing?

She is black, and the "baby" is a BO. Editing to add the picture. I believe farther up her line somewhere she has something mixed in her blood since she doesn't have feathers on her feet.
IMG_3900.jpg

Last edited:
btw cara... that's not a wild snake... that came from someone's terrarium... wild cal king's aren't striped like that... that's actually gorgeous... i'm glad this wasn't an "i found this snake and clobbered it to death" thread...

i have found some snakes in the river bed behind my house, but i have never seen them in my back yard... if i do, i have a tank setup and everything ready for them... some frozen mice too...

Quote:
Jeez. U should get a tetanus shot!

nah... just wash your hand... LOL... you can't get any major disease from a snake bite... i've been bit hundreds of times by snakes before... it's worst when they poop on you... that makes me want to fling them back to the floor...

Quote:

nah... just wash your hand... LOL... you can't get any major disease from a snake bite... i've been bit hundreds of times by snakes before... it's worst when they poop on you... that makes me want to fling them back to the floor...

ROFL
lau.gif
gig.gif
Fling them back to the floor.....
lau.gif
Yep I been musked on and pooped on and peed on by snakes. Used to catch gopher snakes and or garter snakes untill I got bit.... nice little arched row of toofie prints. I had no idea they would bite too. That's when I stopped.... snake handling. That one actually looks like a common Garter snake. Sunny Califorinia Do you live near a stream or pond?

california king
72852_california_kingsnake.jpg

garter snake
72852_garter_snake_220px-thamnophis_sirtalis_sirtalis_wooster.jpg

California King snakes get big Garter snakes get about the size of the one you had in your hand, and come in several different color patterns. Both are good deterrent for Rattlesnakes.

Oops maybe not a garter I looked again....

Last edited:
no... it's a california king... like i said, they breed them to make different patterns and such... here's one that i had for a while...

HPIM1411.jpg

HPIM1409.jpg

HPIM1384.jpg

just like they now have albino and like the female i have right now, she's a patternless albino... solid white/pink... amazing specimens...

also, i used to breed garter snakes... they don't get as big as the one in the picture... i've never seen any garter snakes in the wild around here... i thought they couldn't survive over here... aren't they asian snakes...?

Quote:

Good to know
big_smile.png

Now besides the obvious fact of being dumped on. What makes it worse than being bit?

Last edited:
Gumbii- we've found babies here (like 8" long) with that single racing stripe down their backs, I don't think its a pet, unless there are breeding pairs released!! My DH is usually the snake charmer, he catches them and plays with them. He love snakes, he's had several as pets. I remember the frozen mice days!! As for me, I know the good snakes from the bad, and although I don't prefer to handle them, I'd never clobber one.
wink.png

(and I'm Chaili, not Cara, she's probably braver than me!)
big_smile.png

Last edited:
very cool chaili!! beautiful kings snake, we get some super cool morphs around here. That one looked almost chocolate in color with the yellow. Fabian my fiance took a pic of one on the service road behind the wild animal park. it was stunning striped and banded and a brown orange color, I am totally serious, i will post picks for those who want to see. east san diego has some super cool colored snakes. my personal favorite is the Coachwhip!! I miss having reptiles, grew up with them in Highschool. I worked at reptile haven on and off for 3 years. Learned lots from CHRIS!!

Back
Top Bottom