Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

ditto that!

I remembered that Bobby asked me to pick up wrapping paper and gift bags for MY birthday gifts. So I went to the dollar store and spent $40. I left 4 rolls of wrapping paper and about 30 bags, plus tape, tissue paper and like 20 bows downstairs for him with a note that says: "Let me know if you need more". Sarcastic shopping. My specialty.

Love those crazy, random chicken prints!

Any luck?  Are the eggs tilting pointy side downwards?  That's one sign I look for that its almost time

Thank you for asking about the eggs... they didn't survive. I courageously did eggtopsies and found that the heads were tucked down tightly between the legs opposite the air sac. They couldn't free their heads to pip, and were nowhere near the air sac. The chicks were rolled up like donuts and there was no way they could have hatched. At one point over the weekend, I had been told on FaceBook that I had killed the eggs. I was quite relieved to find that I did nothing wrong to cause a problem. Lindsey and I are bummed that this happened. I didn't let her see any of the dead chicks, which was sad...

Does anyone on here have a cabinet incubator?

Thank you for asking about the eggs... they didn't survive. I courageously did eggtopsies and found that the heads were tucked down tightly between the legs opposite the air sac. They couldn't free their heads to pip, and were nowhere near the air sac. The chicks were rolled up like donuts and there was no way they could have hatched. At one point over the weekend, I had been told on FaceBook that I had killed the eggs. I was quite relieved to find that I did nothing wrong to cause a problem. Lindsey and I are bummed that this happened. I didn't let her see any of the dead chicks, which was sad...

Does anyone on here have a cabinet incubator?
Sorry Tina! It seems like incubating is a lot harder than it looks. Lots of people have failures before they have successes. I have also heard that some brands of incubator are just not even worth the purchase price. Personally I am not sure I would ever try it unless someone let me borrow a very good quality incubator. I'm sorry it didn't work for you this time.

Thanks everyone! These Polish eggs came from California. I have to say that they were packed exceptionally well. Each egg was in bubblewrap and they were double boxed with peanuts. The breeder sent us lots of extras.

We have a brand new Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance EX with humidity pump. Last night I decided to pop in some of our fertile silkie eggs as a "test". I've contacted Brinsea and they are going to check the temperature calibration on my unit after this batch. They will either recalibrate or send a replacement.

I've decided to learn how to hand hatch, just in case I run into more probems in the future with special eggs.

Up at 2am eating veggie chips with the dog. Can't sleep thinking about the chicks that are being shipped today.
Tina I'm sorry about your eggs.
When the post office calls on Thurs. at 5:30 inthe morning my husband is going to be a crazy man. I don't know wether I should tell him in advance or play "blonde "
Have I mentioned that my surgeon doesn' think I will need rotator cuff surgery? He thinks it will take about another 6 months but that the physical therapy is working great. So no painting the shed or crazy Spring projects this year.
I made my dog a "doggie sleeping bag" yesterday. The out side is flannel with camping motifand the lining is a faux sheep sheep fleece. Now if he would only go camping with me. I'll have to take photos. It came out very cool. Like I have nothing better to do with my time. I have decided the heck with house cleaning.for a person with OCD it is quite difficult. I've decided I'm getting to old to care about dust.i just turned 56 and my bucket list is not getting any smaller.
Good night everyone. Dream happy chicken dreams.

Tina, I started building a cabinet incubator.
Part of my brain took over and stopped me.
The other part says "finish it!"
All I have to do is finish putting it together, have most all the pieces.

But the urge to keep it not full.... It will hold at least 240 eggs, with the turners. Without... look out!!

The excuse I will give my husband is this...

I won the Marans egg show at the Congress!
How could I not take advantage of selling chicks.
This is a big honor, and an advantage to ride the money making bandwagon.
Not usually like me, but if I can't start getting some cash flow.... Disability still hasn't made a decision.
The most important Dr, my Rheumatologist, isn't sending in the necessary papers.
I told him about it, and his response was, "do you want disability, or do you want me to make you better?"
Well, I'm getting worse, what the heck?
idunno.gif

The most important Dr, my Rheumatologist, isn't sending in the necessary papers.
I told him about it, and his response was, "do you want disability, or do you want me to make you better?"
Well, I'm getting worse, what the heck?
idunno.gif
The answer is, "Yes. I want disability while you are making me better. Do you want to be paid? Do you want me to report you to the AMA for holding up my paperwork?"

Definitely hatch those gorgeous Marans eggs!

Back
Top Bottom