Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Enjoy your wedding, Suzanne! I'm so happy for you! Lovely bouquet!

Imprftme, that's a beautiful water feature. I do hope that you have just the coop set-up you're hoping for there, and that you'll absolutely love your new Texan home!

Messipaw, Welcome! Congratulations on your red stars!  I have a GoldenComet. Prudence Cluckworth is very friendly, perky, and curious! She gifts us with an egg nearly every day, and she's our lead hen here. Here's Miss Pru!

"It's all about ME!"

pru.jpg

What a pretty red head! I hadn't realized you already had chickens, so ignore my previous comments. I do think two would be best since they will both be small and new together, etc.

Imperfctme, you're probably right about keeping two of the D'anvers babies. I'm definitely considering it! Thanks for the compliment, Pru's my zesty, spunky ginger snap. :) I saw a koi pond last weekend with a nearly invisible netting across it, to keep the raccoons out. I'm so envious of your pretty yard! Are you excited to move yet?

How loud are they?
Not really sure yet, bobwhites may be the loudest of the bunch based on the videos I am finding. I think they are still probably quieter than my grandmothers parrot...

Button Quail Calling (it doesn't get much cuter than this)

Courtnix Quail (male calls at 35 seconds in)
and another
and another

Bobwhite Quail Calling (male, apparently they only do this when looking for a female)

Selection of game calls from CLO
http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/browse/35,14/

RedGolden Pheasant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIc8VmpHaEU

Well, it's official. Bobby and I were married at 4pm this afternoon. The Inn's dog, Marley, came in to join us immediately following the ceremony, and later the resident hen, Penny, dropped by on our porch. I felt right at home!

Here's a photo for y'all (Heather's new accent is catching on...)

Well, it's official. Bobby and I were married at 4pm this afternoon. The Inn's dog, Marley, came in to join us immediately following the ceremony, and later the resident hen, Penny, dropped by on our porch. I felt right at home!

What a beautiful couple! Congratulations to you both! :)
Many blessings -
love.gif

Heather, this is the new place? GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! Take lots of IG pics or post here please? Congrats!!!!!!!!!!
Can I? Should I? Will I? How soon will I sneak them in?

So many questions.....
wink.png

I think I will get the Lay of the Land first as it were and see just how strict the HOA is. Plus I may just have my hands full with the whole new house thing for a while. I am frantically getting locks changed, walls painted, wasps killed, koi fish fed - oh it comes with a pretty koi pond. That should keep me busy. They're pretty and all... but they don't give me breakfast, lol. Tell me why this can go in the front yard, but a pretty coop filled with gorgeous breeds can't?

(That's a pretend heron in the picture, but I have heard enough stories about these ponds being basically raccoon sushi bars that I'm not naming any of the fish.)

Congratulations to you and Bobby, Suzanne, he's a handsome guy! And you look beautiful! Enjoy every minute!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom