Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

I will try to get some pics going soon! Thus is how the first batch reacted to the camera:
[/quot
Are they the Red Light District Girls?
Are they the same age as my polish you gave me?
If so I don't know what's in the water in E. Islip, cause my kids are huge.
How ae the new babies?

Hey all! New to BYC, just getting back to chickens. I live in a town called Setauket, on Long Island. Got my flock of three from Maggie on Staten Island! Been about a week now, and I couldn't be happier. They have been free ranging in the yard every day, putting themselves back in the coop just at dusk for me to lock them down at night. They are the sweetest, best mannered ladies, Maggie really did a nice job raising them :)

Hi Matt. I'm Ginger in Centereach. I'm new to BYC also, don't have any chickens yet. I noticed your coop in your avatar. It's very nice. Did you build it yourself or buy it some place local? My husband and I don't work nicely together, so building is out of the question for us, so I'm hoping to find/be able to afford a coop pre-made and close by.
Enjoy your girls!

Same group as the ones I gave you, this was from back when they were little. New babies are sooo cute. I am just in love with those brabanters. So friendly already, jumped in my hand, snuggled in, and fell asleep a few minutes ago. I will get the camera in there in a bit, I am between work calls again...

What a cute picture!!!

Hi Matt. I'm Ginger in Centereach. I'm new to BYC also, don't have any chickens yet. I noticed your coop in your avatar. It's very nice. Did you build it yourself or buy it some place local? My husband and I don't work nicely together, so building is out of the question for us, so I'm hoping to find/be able to afford a coop pre-made and close by.
Enjoy your girls!
Hey Ginger! Yeah, I built the coop myself. Started off with a plan for the base out of a book called "reinventing the chicken coop", it was pretty helpful and had some cool ideas (also some weird ones). Then it sort of took on a life of its own once I realized I didn't have to follow their instructions. I'm SO happy with it. I honestly considered building more and trying to sell them, I'm not sure how realistic that is. This one took me a good three weeks doing it on my free time in between work. I keep coming across coops on craigslist, some look like pretty good deals, some not so much haha. What kind of chickens are you getting, how many?!

I love sitting with a cup of coffee & just watch my silkies. Love watching my 9 yr old silkie gal Betty teach babes the ropes. They are so tame, the adults all watch out for the chicks & call them for food

Welcome Matt & Ginger. Matt we spoke the other day about silkies (Jeanett) maggie gave you my #. Had another bator go into lock down today. Cant wait to see those fuzzy butts. Sold a few chicks to a really nice women the other day. Turns out she lives just a few blocks away.

Back
Top Bottom