Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Just collected the girls that are going to a new home. Sitting on the sofa with my mom balling like fools. This hurts :(
Keeping 8. 2 are going to be house chickens. Gotta order some chicken diapers.

Just collected the girls that are going to a new home. Sitting on the sofa with my mom balling like fools. This hurts :(
Keeping 8. 2 are going to be house chickens. Gotta order some chicken diapers.

I'm so sorry about your having to give up some of your chickens I would have taken a couple for you but it seems you have it under control...

I'm so sorry about your having to give up some of your chickens I would have taken a couple for you but it seems you have it under control...

Thanks, yes Roberta's neighbor took 4 of them. I'm happy they are together. They have a nice big heated coop and lots of land to free range. I miss them but I know they will be well cared for.
I hope to move eventually so I won't have to deal with these stupid rules.
West of me (Islip) you can have a rooster and like 10 hens, east of me (Riverhead) you can have as many as you want. Not fair at all.

I would love to see some photos of some tractors to get an idea what to ask my DH to build me me.
1f603.png

Mine isn't anything special. I used the leftover wire and wood. My friend made a rectangle frame about 4 x10 , we stapled the wire to it then covered that with small strips of wood. Put wheels on it and metal handles on one end and a door on the other. First made the door out of wood then replaced it with plexyglass . I still can't figure out how to get photos on herewith mt iPad.it really works great I'll round up some photos.

Thanks, yes Roberta's neighbor took 4 of them. I'm happy they are together. They have a nice big heated coop and lots of land to free range. I miss them but I know they will be well cared for.
West of me (Islip) you can have a rooster and like 10 hens, east of me (Riverhead) you can have as many as you want. Not fair at all.

Toxic, I'm so sorry you had to give up your girls. I can't get started about BureaucRacy SHIrT. You should see what I have to live across from and the town does absolutely nothing...and they expect us to go vote for these a**holes today.
Sorry about the rant.

Sorry Toxic Chicken, it hurts to have to rehome them. Roberta helped me too recently to get rid of the cockerel and his pullet I was falling in love with. I was in the same exact position as you. I was so afraid the Town was going to show up any minute (actually worried they still might). He was only crowing for about a week but every time he did it, I was a nervous wreck. The Town of Smithtown also has no limits which is awesome!

Mine isn't anything special. I used the leftover wire and wood. My friend made a rectangle frame about 4 x10 , we stapled the wire to it then covered that with small strips of wood. Put wheels on it and metal handles on one end and a door on the other. First made the door out of wood then replaced it with plexyglass . I still can't figure out how to get photos on herewith mt iPad.it really works great I'll round up some photos.

After you have pressed the quotation marks to "quote and reply" there are 4 icons on top
of the box and the 2nd one from the right (looks like someone hiking in a square) is the one that you can upload a photo from your iPad and embed it in your message. Good luck it took me a while to work out...

Hippy, I dont have the hiking guy, although I'd love to be hiking in the Grand Tetons right now. Man do I need a vacation from my life. My brother in law has my other lap top and as soon as get it back from him I'll send you a picture. You could always come to East Islip and take a peek.

Hippy, I dont have the hiking guy, although I'd love to be hiking in the Grand Tetons right now. Man do I need a vacation from my life. My brother in law has my other lap top and as soon as get it back from him I'll send you a picture. You could always come to East Islip and take a peek.

Thanks I'll keep it in mind. I have in-laws in commack.
You're right it's not a hiking guy. I didn't look closely enough. It is the second icon from right in a square with maybe mountains.

Back
Top Bottom