Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Hi everyone! I hope you are all prepared for the holidays and the winter! I finally have everything on lockdown here, except for the 2 cords of wood that still need stacking.

Carol, my health was improving until I had to travel to California twice and upstate NY once in November for work and had DD birthday and Thanksgiving in between. Now I am relapsing. To make matters worse, I was leaving the doctors office and was broadsided. I am ok, just sore and irritated, but the car is a wreck. Not that it matters, I don't ever want to get in a car again. It was terrifying. Seriously, I don't think I will drive again. I am so thankful that my DD wasn't in the car with me.

Pip, how are you? How is the remodel? How is Chewy? If he turned out like Bella, he is a sweet, gentle natured, cuddle bumpkin, who is too smart for his own good.

I have decreased my flock since spring (over 90) now down to 30 again. Not a single egg from these lazy bums for a month. Geesh. Not even from my spring chickens (I mean that literally). They better step up production soon after the new year or I am going to fill the freezer with stew.

In spring I am planning on putting my quad of birchen moderns in a pen together, if anyone wants eggs or chicks, let me know. They are so much fun! Really friendly little birds. Teeny tiny too.

Are we going to seed exchange in the spring? I am already starting to plan my garden for next year! I have to rid my property of the woodchucks first though. I feel like Bill Murray in Caddyshack...

Hi everyone! I hope you are all prepared for the holidays and the winter! I finally have everything on lockdown here, except for the 2 cords of wood that still need stacking.

Carol, my health was improving until I had to travel to California twice and upstate NY once in November for work and had DD birthday and Thanksgiving in between. Now I am relapsing. To make matters worse, I was leaving the doctors office and was broadsided. I am ok, just sore and irritated, but the car is a wreck. Not that it matters, I don't ever want to get in a car again. It was terrifying. Seriously, I don't think I will drive again. I am so thankful that my DD wasn't in the car with me. 

Pip, how are you? How is the remodel? How is Chewy? If he turned out like Bella, he is a sweet, gentle natured, cuddle bumpkin, who is too smart for his own good.

I have decreased my flock since spring (over 90) now down to 30 again. Not a single egg from these lazy bums for a month. Geesh. Not even from my spring chickens (I mean that literally). They better step up production soon after the new year or I am going to fill the freezer with stew.

In spring I am planning on putting my quad of birchen moderns in a pen together, if anyone wants eggs or chicks, let me know. They are so much fun! Really friendly little birds. Teeny tiny too.

Are we going to seed exchange in the spring? I am already starting to plan my garden for next year! I have to rid my property of the woodchucks first though. I feel like Bill Murray in Caddyshack...

Hello my friend , I'm sooooo....glad you're ok.
I'm down to 10 from 12 after a hawk attack. I'd love a couple tiny birchens in the Spring. I'm not going to the congress this January. Instead I'm going to the indoor PA farm show in Harrisburg PA. It's the largest in the country. Going Wednesday coming back Friday.check it out on line. Been planning my garden also.
Have a well deserved relaxing holiday. Carol

Hello my friend , I'm sooooo....glad you're ok.
I'm down to 10 from 12 after a hawk attack. I'd love a couple tiny birchens in the Spring. I'm not going to the congress this January. Instead I'm going to the indoor PA farm show in Harrisburg PA. It's the largest in the country. Going Wednesday coming back Friday.check it out on line. Been planning my garden also.
Have a well deserved relaxing holiday. Carol
That farm show looks outstanding! I want to go. I wonder if I can get off work and if my car will be out of the shop by then... probably not. Take lots of pictures!

That farm show looks outstanding! I want to go. I wonder if I can get off work and if my car will be out of the shop by then... probably not. Take lots of pictures! 

It shows I haven't been on in a long time... I pressed the button too soon. Sorry.
I'm also happy you weren't seriously injured Christine!
My construction is still ongoing but getting closer to the end.
Chewy is very gentle and has healed well after his surgery but is a real thief!
My Seramas have finally accepted the two baby newbies even though the newbies are twice the size of Toasty and Jelly.
I thought they''d given up laying for the winter but last week when the weather warmed up to the fifties I was changing the water and lo and behold there were 4 eggs in the nesting box. That's amazing cos I only have 4 chickens. Then again this morning I found 3!

Hi Everyone! I have been so busy - haven't been on since September or so. I hope everyone's holiday was peaceful and relaxing as can be. My girls are doing well. We get about 3 eggs a day - no complaints!! My garden did better this year than usual since I changed my water system and the chicken manure!! My school year is off and running. My 12 and13 year olds are now just feeling their oats - honeymoon is over. We extracted our honey in Sept. from our hives. 48 pounds - not bad for our first year and it is delicious. Been busy making soap and lip balm - came out great. What fun; we are getting creative with it. lol
On a sad note, I lost my beloved German Shepherd, Kaci on November 30th. She saved me and I saved her. She was my ever giving partner. It has been a difficult time. However, I am going to be rescuing another girl. I am going to visit her next weekend in Saratoga.
The holidays were nice. I have been busy hiking, riding, knitting and quilting my project that have been sitting for a while on my vacation. Back to work on Monday.

So sorry to hear of your loss Irischick. I had a yellow lab that was an angel during a hard time in my life. Though I think about her all the time, we have had 2 dogs for the past five years that are wonderful. One in particular has a heart like my yellow lab.
Good luck with your new rescue and all your honey projects!

It shows I haven't been on in a long time... I pressed the button too soon. Sorry.
I'm also happy you weren't seriously injured Christine!
My construction is still ongoing but getting closer to the end.
Chewy is very gentle and has healed well after his surgery but is a real thief!
My Seramas have finally accepted the two baby newbies even though the newbies are twice the size of Toasty and Jelly.
I thought they''d given up laying for the winter but last week when the weather warmed up to the fifties I was changing the water and lo and behold there were 4 eggs in the nesting box. That's amazing cos I only have 4 chickens. Then again this morning I found 3!
Wow, they turned out so pretty! I am glad they are all getting along and are making you eggs! Mine started laying again last week. Good thing too, I almost had to buy eggs. It is good to know that Chewy is on the mend. Thief? Does he steal things? Bella likes to sneak around the counters and the shoe rack. She just loves slippers and socks. Any plans for the spring? We should plan a gathering.

Hi Everyone! I have been so busy - haven't been on since September or so. I hope everyone's holiday was peaceful and relaxing as can be. My girls are doing well. We get about 3 eggs a day - no complaints!! My garden did better this year than usual since I changed my water system and the chicken manure!! My school year is off and running. My 12 and13 year olds are now just feeling their oats - honeymoon is over. We extracted our honey in Sept. from our hives. 48 pounds - not bad for our first year and it is delicious. Been busy making soap and lip balm - came out great. What fun; we are getting creative with it. lol
On a sad note, I lost my beloved German Shepherd, Kaci on November 30th. She saved me and I saved her. She was my ever giving partner. It has been a difficult time. However, I am going to be rescuing another girl. I am going to visit her next weekend in Saratoga.
The holidays were nice. I have been busy hiking, riding, knitting and quilting my project that have been sitting for a while on my vacation. Back to work on Monday.
Welcome back, it has been very quiet in here these days. I am so sorry that you lost your companion. I am glad that you had such a wonderful friend and will have another.

Back
Top Bottom