Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

I knew exactly waht you meant.
cool.png

OMG, he is soo cute! I was leery of the spitz's because they are suppose to be skittish and roost in the trees but I have had the opposite experience and I just love them! Plus there mohawk does not restrict there vision as much as the polish so the are not easy prey. I just LOVE them!!!

I am still really thinking about that farm thing too, we really could work together! I sold a bunch of chicks recently and I have been turning people away with no more to sell. I think back yard chickens is really catching on here so it might work.

On another note I have been trying to contact LIPS because I have an Umbrella Cockatoo that I need to rehome/ adopt out, she's a good girl but she recently started being aggresive to my other umbrella and I don't have the room for both in seperate cages
sad.png
There adoption mailbox is full so my emails keep getting returned. I saw you are a member, know anyone from the club I can talk to?

Trish

Al, I knew what you meant
big_smile.png
. I'm sure half of my posts are spelt wrong because I can't find a spell check on here, lol. I hope the weather clears up for you soon so you will feel better. Until then there is always chicken TV
big_smile.png

Trish

lau.gif
: Amish feed. Interesting concept.

Trish, nice to have another Long Islander in the "flock".

And whoever did the sun dance, thanks. It's sunny in Huntington right now.

Gladys didn't go for the broccoli, but she seems like she's sulking. Tomorrow morning I'm going to let her out for the day. Fingers crossed she'll head to the coop on her own at dusk.
fl.gif

Going to Riverhead Agway tomorrow. What feed should I be looking for? Countryside Organics? Anyone know if they have it there. Want to get oyster shell too. And I need a decent feeder. Going to swap out the little one Gladys has. Give Gladys's feeder to the chicks and get a real feeder for the coop.

I've been handling the chicks a lot more and they seem to be responding.

Glad the weekend's here so I can be with my babies...
love.gif

I am a member, but since the meetings are too far away for me...Hey wait! I might have an order for some silkies from someone from LIPS!! Of course, I don't remember her name, she has a Hyacinth Macaw, was at the Queens fair. She is getting the coop ready for the spring....hold on....631-957-1100. Probably a machine. If that doesn't pan out, I know someone else. Chewyandthegang.com, she is here in Smithtown, bought a bunch of Eclectus from me. She will always take birds, she does training, too. her name is Judy.

SMKCHICK- Thanks for the warm welcome! I don't think Agway carries Countryside, they have the Nature one which I think has soy in it and is bad? I love Riverhead Agway though, they seem to have alot of good stuff.

Trish

I don't think Agway has that, been using Nutrena, and truthfully, never read the ingredients. Haven't had any problems...
And if you want a treat for Gladys, use frozen corn. She will love it.

Welcome Trish, good to see another down stater here with us. I'm Rich and as you can see I am in Dutchess county. About 2 miles from the Putnam county line. Lived in the area all of my 45 years. I don't get out on the island much, actually only go there to do some fishing out on Montauk and that has been many years. You have some beautiful birds. Look forward to chatting with you.

Hey, just a thought. Can we put a sticky at the start of this thread with a list of usernames with real first names? It will make it easier to address friends by name. Plus I'm really bad at names. Just a thought. If any one feels it's not such a great idea feel free to let me know.

Back
Top Bottom