SPAM messages (Don't read this ha ha)

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by DuckLady, Oct 5, 2007.

1. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    We have had a rash of SPAM messages sent through BYC mail.
    Someone is registering as a member and targeting those they feel would fall for the scam. Obviously it is not working because our members are way too smart.

If you receive a message, please forward it to one of the staff with full headers and body of the email.

There is no need to post each one, since we are aware of the problem and are working to find a solution. We will ban anyone who sends these messages.

Thanks.

2. PeiTheCelt

PeiTheCelt Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2007
    Central NY
    Ya' know, it's bad enough that they waste my time with this 'stuff' in my inbox, but to assume that I'm dumb enough to fall for it?

:mad: Hmph. Dumb butts.

Thank to you and speckledhen for taking care of it.. [​IMG]

3. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    Wow I would like to say more but I need to get to the bank and cancel a check I just mailed it out this smorning, I thought I was gonna get rich, maybe next time [​IMG] First the money i lost in the pyramid thing, amway now this......

4. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    Hee hee. I guess I just put out that [email protected] vibe, cause they didn't mess with me.

5. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Whenever i've posted on recycler.com to sell my roosters, i get a rash of these, and then the ones claiming to want to buy my pet but they need all my vital information first.

6. LisaJean

LisaJean Chillin' With My Peeps

I have gotten one. The user name is Rjang. I don't know how to forward it to the mods, though. It's that retarded Nigerian money laundering scheme again.

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That is one that has been banned already, but I think may come back with a new address.

8. Windy Ridge

Windy Ridge Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Appalachia
    Quote:Heck, I thought I had a [email protected] vibe, too. Wonder what I'm doing wrong?!!!

9. DrakeMaiden

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    Hey Windy, no worries, you do! But maybe its because you commented on the spacecake thread(?). [​IMG]

10. DrakeMaiden

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    Oh and I'm rolling my eyes at them not you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by