Special trick? or Normal? need someone with baby chicks to try this!

bald k9

Songster
10 Years
Sep 5, 2009
Rural Edwardsville
I got my chicks 2 days ago and today i was going thru and holnding each one to get used to human touch, and I had one chick cupped in my hands and the chick was standing facing sideways kinda of nervous chicky like, so i used my thumb and just rubbed real soft back and forth under the wing and after a few strokes it JUST FELL ASLEEP! I thought I had hurt it or something, then it stood back up like it woke up, So I tried it again and it fell asleep again,Then I grabbed another chick and it did the same thing, and all but one did it! Please try this if you have a dayolds, and let me know ,if it does it , also why do they do it and is is normal? Thanks

Last edited:
Your hands are warm and they cover the chick like they're under momma's wing. Its normal
smile.png

Bummer i thought I found the sweet spot, Never thought about the way momma hen did it! [you party pooper you!]
wink.png
I feel kind of stoooooopid now LOL

Hahaha!
About 4 hours ago I came home with 3, not even 24hrs old, fluffy butts.
Even as they were just now perking up and voraciously devouring their first real meal, egg + chick start, I tried it. ZONK ... out!
Hahaha!

My 7yr old daughter can get any age chicken to fall asleep in her arms or on her lap with the stroking.... they seem to do it easiest if you pet either under the wing or the throat area...... LOL it always gets company to laugh and be amazed like she has special powers! She is just very gentle and patient with them..... pretty funny to see a LF hen laying on its side legs outstreached looking dead..... Then you bump her and she jumps to life!
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom