Speckled Sussex??

Karen386

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 10, 2014
Washington, PA
Hi. When we acquired this girl, we were told that she is a speckled Sussex. I also have 2 Marans the same age. The Marans have doubled in size since we have had them but she has barely grown. She can now stand underneath them. Are Sussex just a slower growing breed? She is at least 9 weeks old now. Pics attached.

Attachments

• 20190615_150120.jpg
    20190615_150120.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 33
  • 20190615_150114.jpg
    20190615_150114.jpg
    994.3 KB · Views: 31
No, she was 4 weeks when we got her. I just feel bad that she is inside by herself. The two Marans were big enough to move into the coop with the older hens. I tried putting her out also but she was picked on and chased so I have her back in the house.

No, she was 4 weeks when we got her. I just feel bad that she is inside by herself. The two Marans were big enough to move into the coop with the older hens. I tried putting her out also but she was picked on and chased so I have her back in the house.

Do you have a dog crate? You could try putting her in one inside of the run so she can see the other chickens but be kept safe from bullying.

We have a ss in one of this year's broods that is quite behind the others her age (shes nearly smaller than those almost a month younger than her)....she feathered on regular pace but just isnt growing that well. I dont recall the previous ss I've brooded being slower growing than the other chicks....all have been hatchery quality stock, including this one

Back
Top Bottom