Spiders!!!!!!!!

Spiders don't phase me. I especially love banana spiders that we get down here this time of year. Don't ever let a snake anywhere near me, though, especially if I have a shovel or hoe or any other weapon in my hand. That's gonna be a good snake when I'm done! lol Spiders I leave to their own devices, though. If they get in the house, I just catch them and throw them outside.

Most spiders do not bother me, but the widows? UGH! And we've had a lot of them lately! I killed two that were within a couple of feet of each other on Sunday. I thought they were supposed to be territorial!

I don't mind spiders, as long as they are outside! We have TONS of spiders, but I figure that we have tons of bugs too, and the spiders wouldn't be here unless they have a lot to eat. Spiders have a population boom in the fall. That's why they are so prominent in Halloween decor.

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Did you know that I can levitate??

Lookout for naked flying woman!!!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

"Oh, the visuals..."​

I dont' mind spiders. Really I don't.

But the other day after spending some time out in the sticks, I got a spider bite on my thigh. At first it itched, then it stung, now it just pretty much hurts like "insert choice word here"
It doesn't seem to be infected or anything nasty, but applying medicine doesn't seem to help much either, I think time (and suffering) is the only cure for it.
he.gif

I HATE spiders!! I love jumping spiders though! But I can't stand the banana spiders. When I see one, I have to kill it. I usually just shoot them with my bb gun.
big_smile.png
I almost ran into a HUGE one yesterday....Talk about screaming....

Spiders are okay if they stay OUTSIDE.

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Did you know that I can levitate??

Lookout for naked flying woman!!!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Always am, but yet to see one in the wild.

The other night we were watching T.V. when the wife lets out this scream, jumps up and runs across the room and commences to perform what I figure is some sort of Mexican hat dance. Before I can even figure out what's happenning, she's standing on the couch yelling about this huge spider that couldn't be killed even when stepped on, and what was I doing still sitting there laughing. So I do the knight in shining armor deal and dispatch the scourge of the living room, which was no easy task, as my eyes were teared up from laughing so hard. When I turn around she is now standing on a foot stool across the room, with a pulse rate I imagine aproaching hummingbird range. Later when she reaquired the ability to speak, she tells me how all the girls at work were talking about all the spiders this fall, and how supposably the average person swallows so many spiders in there sleep over their lifetime, pretty much working themselves in to a bit of paranoia.​

Quote:
I seriously DOUBT they were tarantulas...
The furthest north they go is OK. A. Hentzi..
I have 4 tarantulas... Most are as afraid of people as we are of them. And their fangs can't penetrate our skin... but some species flick hair, its like handling fiberglass with out gloves.
Itchy!!

Don't get me near a potato bug.. those are CREEPY!!!
Usually with a spider (unless its a black widow or brown recluse) I will get a plastic cup and a paper towel or piece of card board and scoop it up and chuck it outside...

Back
Top Bottom