Spitzhaubens

Taken today....just about 7 weeks. The Spitz on the left has wattles! He's got a big crest for a boy. The other 2 Spitzhaubens, I think are girls. The half-Spitz Sprights are obvious:
gang of 5 on 6-19.jpg

Below, also taken today, is Moonshine's Spitzhauben, full sibling to the above, one week younger, much different crest, I'm thinking male:
Moonshine's kids 6-19.jpg

Taken today....just about 7 weeks. The Spitz on the left has wattles! He's got a big crest for a boy. The other 2 Spitzhaubens, I think are girls. The half-Spitz Sprights are obvious:
View attachment 2202669
Below, also taken today, is Moonshine's Spitzhauben, full sibling to the above, one week younger, much different crest, I'm thinking male:
View attachment 2202711
I enjoy your updates, thanks

This is one of my spitz, almost six weeks old. They all look like this. Please tell me they are not all roos? I’ll be devastated🙈

Attachments

• 1E8E8F71-B37F-4392-A504-7109A46ABADA.jpeg
    1E8E8F71-B37F-4392-A504-7109A46ABADA.jpeg
    746.6 KB · Views: 7
This is one of my spitz, almost six weeks old. They all look like this. Please tell me they are not all roos? I’ll be devastated🙈
Do I see the beginnings of wattles? Usually wattles begin to show in the boys around 7-8 weeks and that's the first sign.

Can't really tell. I went back & forth a lot when mine were 5-8 weeks. I do see a tiny wattle but it could also be the camera angle. I noticed with mine that they easily became flushed and looked pink when it was hot outside or if I handled them while taking pics. (You know.... holding in one hand, trying to focus camera in other. Not the usual way I would hold them, plus the strange object = camera made them nervous. )

Very soon the boys' will have their wattles drop down and their faces will look more pink. The females will stay the same. These changes are extremely subtle. I usually could make a good prediction around 8 weeks and then confirm it around 10-12 weeks.

Thanks, it could be a tiny wattle, or just skin. It’s really hot here right now and they get very upset when I handle them. I can’t see wattles or anything but light pink when I just sit next to them. One might be developing saddle feathers 🤔

Attachments

• C406CA7A-D7D0-45D3-9DEE-CE701E73DEB8.jpeg
    C406CA7A-D7D0-45D3-9DEE-CE701E73DEB8.jpeg
    640.6 KB · Views: 5
Thanks, it could be a tiny wattle, or just skin. It’s really hot here right now and they get very upset when I handle them. I can’t see wattles or anything but light pink when I just sit next to them. One might be developing saddle feathers 🤔
Watch them when they lift up their heads, maybe after drinking....when they stretch their neck, emerging wattles will show up. But you have another 1, 2, or even 3 weeks. keep showing us pics. My current batch, at 7 weeks, I could see wattles in one out of 3. Now they are almost 8 weeks. The other 2 do not show anything. Yet. I also have one a week younger and no wattles yet. I'll post pics as they develop....
wattles, 7 weeks.png

Its too young for saddle feathers. They wont begin to show until at least 12-13 weeks. Mine are 11 weeks and arent even thinking about growing saddle feathers yet. In about two more weeks is where real changes will start in the face. Snap some more pictures then and post them here. Hang in there!😉

Back
Top Bottom