Finnie

Crowing
Oct 27, 2014
Indianapolis
This has been a horrible week for me. Last night i ushered the spitzies to bed and found a stockpile of eggs from one of their favorite spots. In my hurry and shock of so many eggs, i forgot to latch the door close. My beautiful, perfect crested, wonderful broody "mama" was killed. I'm beyond crushed.
So sorry for you. I know your pain. That was the same night I forgot to close one of my coops, too. So mad at myself. I lost an Easter Egger pullet and a cockerel. :hugs

SueT

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
May 27, 2015
SW MO
Happy Halloween everyone! I hope you all are having a good day. My little Spitz pullet, Margarita, learned to ride on a broom today!
costume3.jpg
The Sprights all crowded around. They are starting to lay eggs, and at least one of the 2 Spitz pullets is laying as well. 6 months almost 7 now.
witch!.jpg

Faraday40

Free Ranging
Aug 1, 2013
Illinois
Great Halloween pics!

Happy Halloween to you as well!
IMG_5999 (2).JPG

Teddy dressed up as a bat.
DS wanted to be the video game character "Sans".

We let DS go to a couple houses..... but he wore gloves & a mask. Like most of our neighbors, we put some candy on a table out front (for a no-contact pass to the few Trick-or-Treaters who stopped by.) Normally our street is packed with kids. This year is so different.

IMG_6001 (3).JPG

SueT

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
May 27, 2015
SW MO
Molting is just about over for my flock. Here is Beldar a couple months ago and today. He's 1 1/2 yr old now, all clean and regal looking.
molt2.jpg Beldar Nov 5 b.jpg
Here are the rest of the Spitzhaubens today, I have only 4.
Trixie, age 1 1/2
Trixie Nov 5.jpg
Pullets Nadine and Margarita 6 months
Nadine Nov 5.jpg
Margarita Nov 5.jpg
And all 6 Sprights (Spitz-Sebright mix)
5A.jpg

JacinLarkwell

Crowing
Mar 19, 2020
South-Eastern Montana
My gals started to lay regularly just in time for winter to stop them😑

And it appears my little mix will not have a crest of any type. But they're a great flyer. That picture is 12 feet up from their original nest and they were the first baby to join mama at about 7 weeks
20201103_183804.jpg

SueT

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
May 27, 2015
SW MO
Hi Spitzhauben friends, how are you all doing? All is well here. Both my Spitz pullets are now laying, at 8 months old. The 2 eggs beneath are Spitz eggs, and the one above, slightly beige, is from a Spright. (mix)
eggs, 2 spitz.jpg
Here is Nadine and a Spright pullet named Princess Leia.
Nadine and Leia Dec 1.jpg

Top Bottom