Spitzhaubens

This has been a horrible week for me. Last night i ushered the spitzies to bed and found a stockpile of eggs from one of their favorite spots. In my hurry and shock of so many eggs, i forgot to latch the door close. My beautiful, perfect crested, wonderful broody "mama" was killed. I'm beyond crushed.
So sorry for you. I know your pain. That was the same night I forgot to close one of my coops, too. So mad at myself. I lost an Easter Egger pullet and a cockerel. :hugs

Happy Halloween everyone! I hope you all are having a good day. My little Spitz pullet, Margarita, learned to ride on a broom today!
costume3.jpg
The Sprights all crowded around. They are starting to lay eggs, and at least one of the 2 Spitz pullets is laying as well. 6 months almost 7 now.
witch!.jpg

Great Halloween pics!

Happy Halloween to you as well!
IMG_5999 (2).JPG

Teddy dressed up as a bat.
DS wanted to be the video game character "Sans".

We let DS go to a couple houses..... but he wore gloves & a mask. Like most of our neighbors, we put some candy on a table out front (for a no-contact pass to the few Trick-or-Treaters who stopped by.) Normally our street is packed with kids. This year is so different.

IMG_6001 (3).JPG

Molting is just about over for my flock. Here is Beldar a couple months ago and today. He's 1 1/2 yr old now, all clean and regal looking.
molt2.jpg Beldar Nov 5 b.jpg
Here are the rest of the Spitzhaubens today, I have only 4.
Trixie, age 1 1/2
Trixie Nov 5.jpg
Pullets Nadine and Margarita 6 months
Nadine Nov 5.jpg
Margarita Nov 5.jpg
And all 6 Sprights (Spitz-Sebright mix)
5A.jpg

My gals started to lay regularly just in time for winter to stop them😑

And it appears my little mix will not have a crest of any type. But they're a great flyer. That picture is 12 feet up from their original nest and they were the first baby to join mama at about 7 weeks
20201103_183804.jpg

My gals started to lay regularly just in time for winter to stop them😑

And it appears my little mix will not have a crest of any type. But they're a great flyer. That picture is 12 feet up from their original nest and they were the first baby to join mama at about 7 weeks
View attachment 2400042
So cute!

Hi Spitzhauben friends, how are you all doing? All is well here. Both my Spitz pullets are now laying, at 8 months old. The 2 eggs beneath are Spitz eggs, and the one above, slightly beige, is from a Spright. (mix)
eggs, 2 spitz.jpg
Here is Nadine and a Spright pullet named Princess Leia.
Nadine and Leia Dec 1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom