Splitting Shipping

Doc7

Songster
5 Years
May 12, 2018
Central Virginia
A coworker is adding to his flock and I thought a good way to reduce my per-dozen cost of eggs from laying hens kept for 2.5 years is to really knock down on the $35 Meyer shipping charge. I show that it will reduce my cost per dozen eggs of the life of a chicken by 15 cents splitting the shipping one way (50%).

Actually looking now, going from my 3 chick order, to a total of 16 chicks, will reduce price from $35 all to me, to instead be $15 split two ways. Total reduction of 30 cents per dozen over the life of each chick!

So my question is this, will I be able to easily tell these apart when they arrive at the Post Office?

He is getting 3 x EE, 3x Black Copper Marans Female which have a leg band, 1x Black Copper Marans male which has a leg band, and 3x Speckled Sussex.

I am getting 1x Austra White, 1x Dominique, 1x Golden Buff (red sex link).

Here is what I believe and wrote to him:
"Dude looking at this 2 of the 4 will be leg banded, and when I look at Chick Pics, the Austra White / Dominique / Golden Comet should all be distinct looking from the 3X Easter Egger and 3X Speckled Sussex. If anything, there ought to be 2 sets of 3 chickens that look similar and 3 chickens that there is only one of (besides the black copper with a leg band) so splitting the order should be painless."

Am I correct?

Meyers did well at marking split shipments for a friend and her cohorts last year... and I believe they have even stepped up the identification practices this year.

Yes I think you are correct also.

Honestly that's NOT a bad price for shipping... and Meyers has been the best I ordered from over MPC and a few others.

Good luck! :wee

Back
Top Bottom