spoiled chicks

babychick1946

In the Brooder
6 Years
Nov 23, 2013
I have 11 8 week old black sex link chicks and they don't seem to like the outdoors as they will run to go out then after a few minutes they all are back in the coop! Am I doing something wrong?

Hello & welcome! They are being adolescents!! They will eventually get used to the outside, but for now any little thing is going to make them 'freaky' - a puff of wind, a leaf moving....give 'em time, things will improve!
thumbsup.gif

Hello & welcome! They are being adolescents!! They will eventually get used to the outside, but for now any little thing is going to make them 'freaky' - a puff of wind, a leaf moving....give 'em time, things will improve!
thumbsup.gif

+1. At this point, they've come to associate the coop with safety and security, which will make managing them a lot easier. Definitely a good thing.

I have 11 8 week old black sex link chicks and they don't seem to like the outdoors as they will run to go out then after a few minutes they all are back in the coop! Am I doing something wrong?

Mine did the same thing. What got them to wander farther was winter since they didn't have tons of grass and bugs to fill up on close to the coop. Mine were adults before they started spending significant amounts of time away from the coop.
Also, they're small and nearly anything can eat them. So they're street smart and understand that.

thanks they finally out grew that phase now theyre in and out all the time but they are now 26 weeks and spoiled!

Back
Top Bottom