Spotting my first American Bald Eagle in the wild...

They are AWESOME!!!! We have a pair that nest in a tree across the lake from us. I see them occasionally and I stop and watch until they are out of sight. It gives me chills!

Quote:
Last summer, I was weeding and saw a pair come flying towards me, at treetop height. I watched them circle over the yards and just sat back and watched. Just as they got over me, it dawned on me that my chickens were out. I quickly turned around and realized that there was absolutely no evidence that any chicken had ever been in my yard. Not even a stray feather.
lol.png

Imp-I think they even printed "Doghouse" on the coop.
roll.png

I was driving with my daughter, turning a corner and one flew right by my and I ran right into curb, I coulndn't stop looking at it. P.s. we weren't hurt, car was o.k.
It was so much larger then I expected. So beautiful.

Quote:
Last summer, I was weeding and saw a pair come flying towards me, at treetop height. I watched them circle over the yards and just sat back and watched. Just as they got over me, it dawned on me that my chickens were out. I quickly turned around and realized that there was absolutely no evidence that any chicken had ever been in my yard. Not even a stray feather.
lol.png

roll.png

LOL

Mine do that when they see hawks... the one time I caught a bald eagle tearing what looking like a crow apart while being dive bombed by no kidding, at least 50 crows... the chickens just kept doing their thing.
roll.png

Quote:
lol.png

roll.png

LOL

Mine do that when they see hawks... the one time I caught a bald eagle tearing what looking like a crow apart while being dive bombed by no kidding, at least 50 crows... the chickens just kept doing their thing.
roll.png

Wow! I didn't know they fought back against the crows.

Imp

While on a fly in fishing trip to Canada years ago I had the opportunity to watch several families of them that lived on the lake. they hunted everyday and would swoop in and grab fish, I watched them everyday. I would stop whatever I was doing and just stare at them they were so cool, I still think of that awesome site to this day.

Back
Top Bottom