Sprained my finger - chicken's fault

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chickensducks&agoose, Aug 21, 2010.

1. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Stupid chickens! or stupid me... I was carrying a 50 pound bag of broiler pellets, and managed to jam my middle finger (yes, the rude finger) on the car door... didn't drop the bag, just yelled, growled and kept moving the feed... well, that was 11 days ago, and it STILL hurts so bad... just internet-diagnosed myself with a sprain of the extensor tendon. and wow does it hurt. I'm going to head to the GP tomorrow, and get it re-diagnosed and splinted or whatever... stupid chickens!

2. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Yep, you've got to watch 'em! Try rubbing some arnica oil or st. john's wort oil on your finger. Both do wonders for sprains and bruises.

3. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Sorry this happened to you but it's not the chickens fault, but i understand you need to blame someone. Hope it stops hurting real soon.

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    . . . You're blaming your chickens for this? [​IMG]

Sorry to hear of that though.

5. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Of course I'm blaming my chickens! If they didn't EAT, i wouldn't have been hauling giant bags of food, and I wouldn't have hurt my finger! The other option is to blame my klutzy self... which is much less fun. they did give me 8 eggs the next day as an apology though...

6. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    chickensducks&agoose :

Of course I'm blaming my chickens! If they didn't EAT, i wouldn't have been hauling giant bags of food, and I wouldn't have hurt my finger! The other option is to blame my klutzy self... which is much less fun.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by