Pics
I was born in Phoenix. I think you're arriving around the time I'm leaving. I will also be visiting my mom in Calif. but before going to AZ.

I actually let soda defizz before I drink it which DH thinks is gross lol

Awesome! I’ve never been. I was born in Tampa, FL but then we moved up here (Massachusetts) when I was 2 and I’ve been up here ever since. I’ll be 25 next month lol and aw darn! But CA will be fun!! I should probably get planning my trip lol I don’t really have much thought out except a few places near Phoenix I want to visit.

I usually let it stop snap, crackle, popping before I drink it lol but mostly so I don’t get hit in the face with soda :lau

Haha- I have to go pick up DH so I have to shorten my reply but the renaissance was my favorite place to go when I lived in AZ. I would love to go this time but not sure if it would be a great idea with my 1 yr old so I might just go next year so that DH can go with me. He's going to our friend's wedding with me in Calif. but has to return to Canada before I fly solo with the lil one...happy early birthday! 3/31 is also my cousin and sister in law's birthday. I'll be 32 on April 30- day after you get your chicks I think

Haha- I have to go pick up DH so I have to shorten my reply but the renaissance was my favorite place to go when I lived in AZ. I would love to go this time but not sure if it would be a great idea with my 1 yr old so I might just go next year so that DH can go with me. He's going to our friend's wedding with me in Calif. but has to return to Canada before I fly solo with the lil one...happy early birthday! 3/31 is also my cousin and sister in law's birthday. I'll be 32 on April 30- day after you get your chicks I think

oh I forgot to post the link http://arizona.renfestinfo.com/ there's also Castles n Coasters which is like a theme park ..I think these places are on the outskirts of Phoenix ..Grand canyon is cool too, went there May 2016 and I went to the Antelope Canyon May 2017.

Both of those sound really fun!! Thank you!! I think we have a similar thing here in the fall but the one in AZ sounds bigger and better!

This is ours though lol

https://kingrichardsfaire.net/

And that sounds like fun and like a nice little get away! I bet Canada is cold this time of year!! And thank you!! Happy early birthday to you too!! They hatch on the 29th so they should be here either your birthday or the day after :) last time they arrived next day

I am a new chicken mama with 8 chicks arriving sometime around 3/25. My 4yr old and I had a hard time selecting but settled on the following... I wanted 6 but chicken math took over and we are going with 8.. 8 is our city ordinance limit based on our lot size.. :(

My daughter already preemptively named them all already.
Im still not sure if my husband realizes they are coming..

dZlw3R6KacVWhEIGcN072hDVobb_CAebtJo2N9piB5z_rhaUHw_-9RmWpGf1KAZYrOOh2CJplS99qQwk7oc_I_4PK8dZLQb3oKRbbKsn0L6PfcycbuyNWg7MPPY_vNYLqyrhTHE6
White/Black Polish- White Egg (Pierogi)

vh1-jv2vH4lzsfIGMBQXafusJFTMvNH2coazrnQUWCPAIZ4XM0WiJD8lE2YNe6O18X0KxaAzLOp2ehoW-vkRoScvGFeXan6V4s6dJ-tVfZwISB97DchJ5Uze3-vniEcw-zTK_rCe
Jersey Giant- Brown Egg (Dixie)

jMrB_uT4RbH5CV0H_reiKUrPlU7oS1krTPjEZEGubMfVcG6WrOoRhCGKL6DUl2i5ioV_Fk13razoHf0X1UzBmzpkoQ0W-Z5eupkY29bt-WxjsCvJ2HeEO3tOjFhtGB99hk76SyAh
Oliver Egger- Green (Luna)

f5801L3s109eFkyhBAcBbFTeWPnQWLxhcqvAHmXnAPriyeOWcaXkXra6qXsXoU19ULAeC-qdixmhyqYcgKqd4eU7gS_yJ9TmgWBejsSBqy3cqKmj6MO4-3EYGKZANPhuQz6dt-IX
Austra White- Cream Colored egg (Chickaletta)

m97-LgRsXE-Zpf-DRR1BxAk7sbx2rEU1aPqTKDoBUl2jJjV02pfG_6zLAjg9PCuw_Ow3ksUUJipERRWd2rQ-lH2WX-ptJEmzpe3o6hdV9Uxs12XamrV8yLoi5Z33Ma_SUNTUpRNn
Super Blue Egg Layer -Blue (Skye)

prQJ_YU-UvDGhNK2uxdUindVMkWao2ZhP9_xkSy2iKvr5oBhGH3meoNW-aNPaNCemQ8VDEtvGXkznu0T9E7M49zHpCA2rj5L-XrpmyaNsLKxBGQ4hGm5xM9M4HWOL5O1r6z0s2o5
Blue Easter Egger- Blue (Myrtle)

A-_ONs6fQ86wM-gDQ8gYDBkWv566ZPNjyJMqIzlOVQZdscTSL9XpFtYZOmjxJpTZ2-NymmXf91G3qRUlTepXESe2pyPjD91zSrI1up2XnPzLwII7WAr47eoFNKgRQcMySJ3EQPSx
Buff Orphington- Brown Egg (Buttercup)

EypTdwRb7L575m0wm3u0_HQyxKXmZFiOfgj8UkFy7jOyeZVOzLPpwKi8TmpNcY2Uzst2UODAA2eipCCvKZ59V9dWT53k6VkhpPaDDrCa0OL7SlEHoCtGVaPoQYPtiJEJNZR0NsMB
Welsummer- Chocolate Brown Egg (Buckeye)
Love the names!!

I've been told you may have to watch out for your lone polish. Other birds tend to pick on them because they are different. Hopefully though if you raise them together it wont be an issue
I know everyone's experiences are different, but my second Polish roo has not been picked on at all and I feel that he is far less aggressive than my first one, thank goodness! When Yzma was around no one was safe in the yard if I wasn't there!
Cuzco:
20190210_141952.jpg

Previous Polish roo, Yzma:
20180524_114159.jpg

usually head down to the feed store around this time of year and pick up three or four layers. I say 'layers', but they're really just chickens that will lay a regular size egg pretty consistently. I've got a lot of bantams in my flock, so I get lots of little eggs. Hoping for some EEs, Marans, or Australorps, but we'll see what they have!

And hopefully they have those breeds! Does yours have a calendar or anything? I know some feed stores do. My local one has a list on their website of what breeds are coming in when. And I am sure TSC and other feed stores may have something similar or you could maybe ask. So you could plan.

They have a Facebook where they post all the shipments, but they sell out fast so it's not always accurate. I went down there today to see what they had and ended up getting 1 speckled sussex, 1 gold sex link, and 1 black copper maran! I've been wanting a maran and a sussex for a while, so I'm glad they had them. They were getting some EEs tomorrow, but it's quite a drive from my house so I just got the three today.

They have a Facebook where they post all the shipments, but they sell out fast so it's not always accurate. I went down there today to see what they had and ended up getting 1 speckled sussex, 1 gold sex link, and 1 black copper maran! I've been wanting a maran and a sussex for a while, so I'm glad they had them. They were getting some EEs tomorrow, but it's quite a drive from my house so I just got the three today.

That’s awesome!!! Sounds like getting them today was a better idea anyway cause you got two breeds you wanted instead of just one :)

Both of those sound really fun!! Thank you!! I think we have a similar thing here in the fall but the one in AZ sounds bigger and better!

This is ours though lol

https://kingrichardsfaire.net/

And that sounds like fun and like a nice little get away! I bet Canada is cold this time of year!! And thank you!! Happy early birthday to you too!! They hatch on the 29th so they should be here either your birthday or the day after :) last time they arrived next day

Thank you!!

The renaissance festival in your area looks cool too- I didn't think we had one near me but found one in Ottawa which charges around the same price I think the one in AZ used to charge- pretty sure their prices went up lol.

Yes it is! There was a snow storm last night and we have like 2 feet of snow. DS has an appointment with the clinic so I am waiting for them to open so I can call to see if they actually are open lol

That's awesome about you possibly getting the chicks on my birthday! :)

Back
Top Bottom