Pics
Aw that’s a little disappointing neither of them are super friendly but then again I don’t really spend as much time as I used to with my current ones so mine could be friendlier too. That’s good about the eggs though!! Getting them all to add some fresh blood/new layers cause mine are all 3 1/2.
It could have just been my birds. I had 3 leghorns and I think it’s normal to be a nervous bird. My Delaware’s I only had two but they just seemed like they wanted to avoid human contact, my best chickens for friendliness was the Ameraucana, red sex links and Australops.

It could have just been my birds. I had 3 leghorns and I think it’s normal to be a nervous bird. My Delaware’s I only had two but they just seemed like they wanted to avoid human contact, my best chickens for friendliness was the Ameraucana, red sex links and Australops.

All usually follow me around the yard, particularly if I’m digging something up, but none of them are really into being held and certain ones come closer than others. The Australorps are definitely friendly and chatty though lol being a little nervous might be good when they free range though

FFD41D87-E50E-48A0-8DB4-0302197577A8.jpeg
FA641E8A-300D-4C73-ACDA-7B427AE4AF25.jpeg
4815D897-6B4B-4EA3-8CFF-CE14B0ED1239.jpeg

I'm late to the party, but I'm so happy to finally be back in the chicken "business"! I'm starting over with a new flock after suffering some bad luck with predators over the winter. A coworker and I split an order from Hoover's that shipped on Tuesday; the chicks should arrive tomorrow morning. I'm getting 2 each of: Speckled Sussex, Delaware, Rhode Island Red, Easter Egger, and Salmon Faverolles (all pullets...hopefully, at least!).

I also have an order of hatching eggs from My Pet Chicken that was supposed to ship at some point this week. I got the "your eggs are en route" email with hatching instructions, but no shipping/tracking information. I really hope they get here soon! I ordered three eggs of the Favaucana assortment (could be Blue/Black/Splash, Wheaten/Blue Wheaten/Splash Wheaten, or some combination of both) and three "mystery eggs".

Fingers crossed for safe travels for my chicks and eggs!

Just came home from TSC with seven more chicks!! I got 3 Light Brahmas, 3 Cochin Bantams, and one White Silkie! I’ve got six Barred Rocksi got late March as well..The Brahmas are almost as big as the BR lol..pretty excited about the little ones they are my first small types chickens and I just couldn’t resist when the girl told me they had silkies in the back I had to have one!!!i will get some better pics later just letting them rest right now!!

Attachments

• EE503C39-85D5-409E-8A35-907F2E3F9D11.jpeg
    EE503C39-85D5-409E-8A35-907F2E3F9D11.jpeg
    493.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 9CE53A7D-7DBF-4233-85ED-B158615EC29D.jpeg
    9CE53A7D-7DBF-4233-85ED-B158615EC29D.jpeg
    234.8 KB · Views: 3
I'm late to the party, but I'm so happy to finally be back in the chicken "business"! I'm starting over with a new flock after suffering some bad luck with predators over the winter. A coworker and I split an order from Hoover's that shipped on Tuesday; the chicks should arrive tomorrow morning. I'm getting 2 each of: Speckled Sussex, Delaware, Rhode Island Red, Easter Egger, and Salmon Faverolles (all pullets...hopefully, at least!).

I also have an order of hatching eggs from My Pet Chicken that was supposed to ship at some point this week. I got the "your eggs are en route" email with hatching instructions, but no shipping/tracking information. I really hope they get here soon! I ordered three eggs of the Favaucana assortment (could be Blue/Black/Splash, Wheaten/Blue Wheaten/Splash Wheaten, or some combination of both) and three "mystery eggs".

Fingers crossed for safe travels for my chicks and eggs!
I feel your pain! I am starting all over with a new flock also :hit..thanks to a raccoon..who is no longer alive because I caught him coming back for more :mad: and then I had to seal up the way he came in with harware cloth and screws

My chicks arrived!! Yippee! One was DOA - it got trampled a bit by the others, so we're not 100% sure what breed it was, but I think it might be a Delaware. :( Of my 9 live arrivals, one Delaware is a bit lethargic; I'm hoping she's just cold and am keeping a close eye on her. The rest are eating, drinking, and running all over the brooder already, even the tiniest Speckled Sussex who was also a bit chilly on arrival. The Rhode Island Reds are by far the most vigorous - that seems to always be the case with them, in my experience. I had forgotten how "chatty" (read: LOUD) Salmon Faverolles chicks are, even when they are warm, full, and happy. :D

RIR #1:
April Chicks Day 3 RIR 1.jpg

RIR #2:
April Chicks Day 3 RIR 2.jpg

SS #1:
April Chicks Day 3 SS 1.jpg

SS #2:
April Chicks Day 3 SS 2.jpg

SF #1:
April Chicks Day 3 SF 1.jpg

SF #2:
April Chicks Day 3 SF 2.jpg

Delaware:
April Chicks Day 3 Del.jpg

Either Delaware or EE? She doesn't look exactly like either should, so we'll see!
April Chicks Day 3 Mystery.jpg

Attachments

• April Chicks Day 3 EE.jpg
    April Chicks Day 3 EE.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom