"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    Buttermilk waffles are delicious. I think I'll name all my ducks after breakfast foods [​IMG] biscuits, gravy, waffles, buttermilk..........

2. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Sing Brightly Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 1, 2015
    LOL. :lau They are adorable though! :love
    DUCKIEESSS!!!! :love
    I just want a mini donkey.... No zebras, they are fearfully agressive. :oops: :lau -Banti

3. Sueg4332

Sueg4332 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    Ceres, California
    BEEN so busy with this orphan colt I am behind on posts already. Really behind on caring for the chicks I have hatched. Their all alive and well from the Easter hatch.
    I have one group of eggs I forgot to date. Guess what they are hatching this morning. Little RRs are the first to hatch. Their in there rocking back and forth in the turner. Well I stopped it now.
    Humidity was only 28 %
    I am so brain dead these hours feeding the foal got me very tired. He is 6 days old now. he had a tough day yesterday but seems better this morning. Want to eat again.
    My turkeys should hatch soon. They sat the 5 th and 6th...March.
    Any way My April hatch is up and hatching.
    Happy Hatching

4. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    Good morning

5. DwayneNLiz

DwayneNLiz ...lost... Premium Member

Jun 18, 2013
    NH
    I'll take a zebra!!! I have always wanted to do dressage on a zebra!!

6. brightpennies

brightpennies Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2015
    Well, a bunch of my duck eggs quit but a few are going strong, and I'll know about about the chicks on Monday. Today my turkey hen disappeared, and I finally found the nest she's been hiding with her in it :D so now I'll have some of everything! Good luck with your hatches and your waffles respectively.

7. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Sing Brightly Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 1, 2015
    Mornin :frow

:gig

8. mamahmendez

mamahmendez Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2016
    SW Austin, TX
    Bacon and Eggs are so cute!

I have always wanted a zebra but I have always been told they are aggressive... that would be terrible. I want a friendly zebra.

HATCH UPDATE:
    I woke up to 11 peepers this morning and 2 on the way.
    Of my 11:
    1 has one eye shut, I will follow the advise previously given. I think it is just stick shut with gunk, I hope.
    1 has not completely absorbed the yoke sack but it isn't really bad. They are drinking so that is good.
    9 are happy and healthy like chicks

I have 2 more on the way with their noses out and rooting around. 2 I wrote the dreaded "D" on at 18 days so I don't think they are going anywhere. And 2 that I think wanted to hatch, tried to pip and just don't have the gusto. I am just waiting with them in there though.

Photos to come. We have storms here this morning and the internet and phones just don't seem to be cooperating.... Uhhh!

9. sasafras4u2

sasafras4u2 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Texas
    My Coop
    Hey there! I'm Lona I live in Texas. And this is my first attempt at hatching! I got some local mixed eggs. The people don't know what there chickens are "umm red hen and a black rooster". I set them on March 23rd. Due to hatch April 13.candles last night 10/10 moving in every egg. I'm so eggcited. Then I have ordered some eggs to arrive the week of April 25th. I hope to have chick's over running the coop.

10. Laurel Meadows

Laurel Meadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2014
    Ohio
    :love
    Wow sounds like a fun sale to see!
    lol that would be too cool!
    :frow welcome! Sounds like you will have some fun surprises in your hatch[​IMG] What kinds of eggs did you order?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by