Sprouting? Help...

I have had the best luck with lentils. They don’t grow mold like the other seeds I’ve tried. Even in the heat. I sprout a cup or so at a time. Soak overnight and rinse twice a day. They do beautifully. Maybe try those? I’ve never needed to use bleach or anything like that.
Thanks. I’ve never tried lentils. Do you buy them from the regular store? I’ll give it a try though.

Yes lentils do sprout good. When I’m feeding a lot of fodder in the winter I do a half cup of lentils a half cup of mung beans 1 1/2 cups hard red wheat and 1 1/2 cups BOSS soak over night rinse it a lot put in tray and water it twice a day in the sink with the sink sprayer. I use two trays the one with the grain has holes then the bottom one of corse doesn’t I put canner lids in between them for some lift so it drains well.

I agree lazy gardener but boy does it make nice looking and tasting eggs in the winter and I get a lot more eggs in the winter feeding fodder. I went to feeding the fodder with the lentils and mung beans to up the protein with the wheat and the boss seemed to work pretty well lots of quality eggs and healthy chickies along with my feed bill going down a little as long as I don’t go overboard on the lentils and mung beans really need to buy all in bulk or they are way to expensive

I think it was mold previously because I wasn’t seeing it until several days in when I was attempting to grow fodder which is just sprouts being left longer, I think.

Look at what I just bought to sprout, I’ve been doing it in a jar now I’m getting serious
E54E3C52-EADF-40CB-ADE9-828387061B39.jpeg
5C1E9B97-59C5-4705-BCAB-6815C6D5E616.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom