SSS or call the cops?

Report it. In most cases, if an animal bites a person, the animal is confiscated by animal control and is put down as a dangerous animal.

If it bit you, can you imagine what it would do if it got hold of the face of a child? In my mind, you're doing your community a favor by turning in this dog and having it removed so it can't hurt anyone else.

Edited to add that if it comes on your property again, introduce it quickly to Mr. Baseball Bat. Problem solved.

Last edited:
I'm glad you reported it. However, I would keep a handy side arm on you at all times now. The next time it is on your property, SSS. Nuff said. You'll have a report of it biting you and anything you do from this point on will be justified.

Glad to hear you were well insulated to protect you.

I already have a ton of guns, and I hunt so I know how to kill it. I don't like to use 22s on my property because I live in a valley with 2 houses about 900 yards behind me. There is a small hill between us, but I don't like to shoot 22's into anything but our dirt pile. I could shoot it with a muzzeloader, 30-30, pistol, or a shotgun though.

Quote:
thats good.i hope they take that dog,for everyones' sake.

BTW-you can't beat carrhart.everyone in my house has a carrhart coat.they help protect against barb wire,nails and even pitbulls.

Last edited:
Turn him in don't shoot it even though you wont get animal cruelty ,if the birds are a source of income for sable living if not then you'll be in trouble put the owner down while you're at it because I've had pits and no problem he doesn't know how to raise them that's why all the bad publicity some people need to learn your animals your responsibility.

Buschie's dozen :

Turn him in don't shoot it even though you wont get animal cruelty ,if the birds are a source of income for sable living if not then you'll be in trouble put the owner down while you're at it because I've had pits and no problem he doesn't know how to raise them that's why all the bad publicity some people need to learn your animals your responsibility.

hu.gif
If a dog is coming after me and it's already attacked me once I sure as heck am not gonna think "hmm....I sure wish the neighbors would have trained their dog better" I'm shootin' it.​

If the ^%#% owners worry that the mutt will be taken away - then DON"T let it run loose. The idiots!! It's all your fault that you were close to the dog when his mouth was open and parts of your body obviously fell in.LOL. I hate people like that, and they are reproducing in alarming numbers, Spray and neuter should apply to them (not just pets)

Maybe I'm missing something here but I'll ask the obvious. When the dog bit you had it gotten off a chain or out of a fenced yard? If so are they doing anything different to ensure it dosn't get loose again?
If you answered NO to these two questions then I would call the police immediately!! The owners sound like irresponsible dog owners and need to be held liable. I used to own two Dobermans, they were kind and gentle but were confined to my property surrounded buy barbed wire.

Back
Top Bottom