St. Patty's Day Green Egg Hatch

Do olive egg chicks lay olive eggs? I have 3 OEs in the bator, but I'm really thinking about the Barred Olive Eggers that I purchased on BYC.
Classified: 12+ LF Barred Black Olive Egger Hatching Eggs (Price Includes Shipping)

Hoping for lots of healthy green chicks for us all. farmerChef, are you going to dye them? Is that what your earlier post means?? before or after hatching?? Tell us! Share your knowledge!!

Patty....yes they should lay varying shades of olive green. The eggs I sent you marked BOE are from hippoateall. I bought my eggs from her last year.
big_smile.png

I've got some of the blue greens developing. I cannot see inside those OEs!!! They'll reveal themselves on hatch day, I guess. THe rest of my non-green eggs are doing okay, too.

edit: Did some more candling, -4, but there's still 65 in there..... some SLCs hatching 3/11ish, the rest are for St Patrick's day... sheesh.. I may need another incubator.

Last edited:
I was going to wait the 10 days before I candled but I CAN'T HANDLE IT! Going to candle today sometime... Keeping my fingers crossed! I love the little polish babies with their funky looking heads. We incubated some friends of ours eggs also, hoping these Easter Egger mixes are doing well for them too
fl.gif

Lookin pretty good this morning...
13 out of the 15 Polish, both of my banty mix, and 2 out of 7 Silkies are developing. i put the others back in and will toss them next Saturday if they still look like they do...
1 3rd of the way the way there people...
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom