Staggered hatching Hatch-A-Long

Pics
How far apart are your eggs? Will lock down hurt if they are a week apart. Do I still need to turn the younger ones
I have a seperate hatcher so I can keep turning the younger ones when the others are hatching. Mine are a week apart. I keep adding to them every monday . But supposedly you could stop turning them at 14 days into incubation.

Now this is how I like my dinner!
9B4202E0-D5D9-4D58-8D16-1E4F5B4C8414.jpeg

How far apart are your eggs? Will lock down hurt if they are a week apart. Do I still need to turn the younger ones
No once they reach 13 days they really don't need to be turned anymore so putting them into the hatcher early is fine. The younger eggs are shipped and because the air cells were a bit wonky I want to give them a bit more time to get into the right positions to hatch. They start on day 15 tonight. The three on the other side are from my farm birds and they are on day 20 tonight. Not raising the humidity above 35-40 so it won't affect the younger eggs for the others to hatch in there with them. The youngers are due to hatch on the 5th. The other three should hatch this weekend.

Thanks for the replies I was worried about that. I only have one to hatch next weekend but still wanted to make sure the others would be ok. Looks like at last 4 are developing from the second batch of shipped eggs

No once they reach 13 days they really don't need to be turned anymore so putting them into the hatcher early is fine. The younger eggs are shipped and because the air cells were a bit wonky I want to give them a bit more time to get into the right positions to hatch. They start on day 15 tonight. The three on the other side are from my farm birds and they are on day 20 tonight. Not raising the humidity above 35-40 so it won't affect the younger eggs for the others to hatch in there with them. The youngers are due to hatch on the 5th. The other three should hatch this weekend.
What are your results with keeping it that dry? I have trouble raising it over 45-50 % this time.

What are your results with keeping it that dry? I have trouble raising it over 45-50 % this time.
This is my first attempt trying it but Fort Cluck and CluckNDoodle have done lower humidity during lock down and had great results with it. This morning I have a pip in the right most egg so it must have pipped at sometime last night. It did pip low on the egg towards the pointed end but other than that it was a good external pip and seems to be active and doing well. The thought behind the lower humidity is that if the humidity stays lower it still goes up some when they externally pip (mine went up from 41 to 45) and if you need to assist or pull the eggs out of the hatcher with other eggs in there it won't harm the others since the humidity is too low to cause them to shrink wrap. Last hatch I had a humidity spike when one egg hatched that sent the other two eggs still in the incubator right into being shrink wrapped. I assisted and one of the two survived. The other had pipped through a blood vessel when internally pipping and wasn't strong enough to make it.
1582984902201.png

IMG_20200229_084347003[1].jpg

Update: Day 14 and day 7

Candled, the only survivor from the first shipped eggs looks good.. day 14 for it...
Second batch out of 11, 5 are developing, a few with blood rings, one has veins but not moving and a few with no development....

Day 7 eggs
One had a very wonky air cell, it’s not normal.. but hopefully it will be ok. I will just have to keep an eye on it on hatch day. They all were detached.

Update: Day 14 and day 7

Candled, the only survivor from the first shipped eggs looks good.. day 14 for it...
Second batch out of 11, 5 are developing, a few with blood rings, one has veins but not moving and a few with no development....

Day 7 eggs
One had a very wonky air cell, it’s not normal.. but hopefully it will be ok. I will just have to keep an eye on it on hatch day. They all were detached.
Will it only be 1 chick hatching from the ones that are 14 days? You’ll have to go buy it a friend...

Back
Top Bottom