Staggered hatching Hatch-A-Long

Pics
2 more dozen choc mottled orps locally to set tonight. Let the staggered hatch continue
IMG_20200229_150808976.jpg

My hubby would kill me if I continued to hatch eggs... he complained when I told him I was going to do a hatch for at school with the kids... lol. He says more what r u going to do with them... hehe

My husband is very tolerant and not terribly worried. I usually hatch around 100 each year. Keep around 4 or 5 hens and maybe a cockerel if I need one and then raise up the extra cockerels for meat. Anything above that goes to the swaps for either the 4-H kids or for people who need fresh pullets for the season.

Baby number 9 for the season is out all on it's own humidity spiked from 37 up to 47 after hatching and is starting to drop a little now that it's starting to dry off. Egg that hatched is the one closest to the camera. The one that pipped the wrong end of the egg is still makig noise but not showing any progress. Last egg is now showing a pip. Chick hatched about 5am. Once the next chick hatches I'll assist the last baby hopefully it will be okay waiting.
1583060817057.png

Back
Top Bottom