Staggered hatching Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Ok so assistance was needed.. air cell on the side not the top like normal, chick was also positioned wrong just a bit.. soon she will be here... all the way
20200307_194011.jpg

Sooo happy it hatched well after all. Two of my araucana pipped already.
Yes for sure.. it was a long day... I timed this one right. I didn’t want to interfere and assist to soon.. but didn’t want to be to late either... candled the others looks like 3 of the five left are still developing.. they all have crazy detached air cells so more than likely those will need assistance also. I hope not but will be prepared just Incase....

Lockdown it’s not looking promising.. three were quitters the other didn’t have much movement.. I didn’t see much they might have quit also but in the past dayish.. 😥. Leaving them in to see what happens... if these don’t hatch I plan on having a guy from our church order me a few when he does his order next month...

Lockdown it’s not looking promising.. three were quitters the other didn’t have much movement.. I didn’t see much they might have quit also but in the past dayish.. 😥. Leaving them in to see what happens... if these don’t hatch I plan on having a guy from our church order me a few when he does his order next month...
You’re not having much luck with the hatching. :confused:
Were these also shipped eggs? I’ve driven to go get mine myself this year. It’s good to have some sunday outings with the family in different places. 😂

You’re not having much luck with the hatching. :confused:
Were these also shipped eggs? I’ve driven to go get mine myself this year. It’s good to have some sunday outings with the family in different places. 😂
Yes they were all shipped... the first ones came from North Carolina and the second from Mississippi.. pretty good distance to Maryland... I think the post office is brutal around here.. this is the third time to hatch shipped eggs without much luck... I hatch mine with almost 100% hatch rate..... so it has to be the shipping....

Something else, how is the corona madness over there? My daughter has a cold and needs to stay indoors without contact with other people for a week... the schools are closing down starting monday untill the 3rd of april and everything except stores need to close.
Food stores can be open all week, but other stores need to close in the weekends.
what am I worrying about? Well, if I can still go pick up my eggs on sunday!:duc

I am doing a staggered hatch 1st batch of 17 eggs were set 2/29 and 2nd bach of 5 eggs were set 3/7. Should I keep the egg Turner going until bach 1 is 20 days, so batch 2 would be 13 days or should i remove the Turner and hand turn batch 2 eggs until day 20 then lockdown

Personally I would remove the turner and hand turn until day 14 then you can stop turning those as well.

Back
Top Bottom