Standing door flip top tractor help

Jjdesmo11

Songster
6 Years
Jun 1, 2017
Tennessee
4715EC9D-AA18-4682-A43A-28B9B02C0DCE.jpeg
I made a chicken tractor for my momma hen and babies out of scrap wood at the house. It’s 3 ft high and we made a door at the end. Well its is a hassle to get in and out and I’d like to be able to flip the top back and walk in standing up. Any good construction tips or pictures to help?

mine is made a conduit got it free off craigs list but has a flip off door in front replaced that but it is 4 ft high I am 5 foot but my BF 5"11 goes in after the birds for me as I have spine problems bad like the front opening the best

I can picture what you mean but don’t understand why it would need to be at a 45degree angle. Im sure I could latch it down somehow to secure it

hmm... let me find a picture to illustrate. Essentially once you open a side and the top, you will be left with a 3 sided structure, and it won't be sturdy anymore. If you plan on only the top opening and NOT the end, it becomes a non-issue with the small size of your tractor and ignore the suggestion of needing corner braces.

Here is a picture I found on the internet of how to brace the corners of your run. This will make the whole thing significantly sturdier when you open it up.

p7150121.jpg

Back
Top Bottom