Starling Advice

shawnellabella

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 16, 2013
Winlock, WA
I found a starling with a broken wing about a month or maybe a little long ago, she holds that wing extra high and seems to be getting better. I researched her species to find out what she eats since I called fish and wildlife and they never came for her along with one of my friends told me that her uncle works for them and they kill invasive species like her. But it had been a while and she has everything handed to her, food, water, her cage is cleaned constantly. So I was wondering when it's time to release her, if I could, if not people keep them for pets, they are very intelligent and can mimic people, she started mimicking my budgies within two weeks so what I'm asking is, can she go to her true home, or do I have to find her an owner?

Just keep her! She has a handicap and you're providing a great home for her! They are, along with house sparrows, legal to keep because they are an invasive species.

I have her to a veterinary assistant who knows allot more about her and he is taking such good care of her ( he also rescues roosters )

Back
Top Bottom