Started building my 1st coop ever on Saturday.

Cool!
thumbsup.gif
How many chickens do you plan on getting?

Had a very rainy week, so construction was delayed till this afternoon, getting oh so close.

3 nesting boxes..

Will be a door here for cleaning and egg collections.

Used a 1/4 inch heavy gal, welded wire. Lots of wildlife around here..

Will have a full asphalt roof, and a access door to run here.

Back side will have an access door to the house.

Roof it, build a few doors, paint it.... Getting close... Oh so close.

Got a little work in today before the rain set in..

Paint, hardware, ladder, and chickens is all the remains.

Really was very easy.. I built it from a plan, but made many mods.

Started it last Sat afternoon, then did 1/2 a day Sunday, then half a day Thursday, and 2/3 a day today.
This thing is well constructed, and should last years and years!

OH, and because I built it to be able to move around the yard, or to a no property I use screws for the structure.
Only nails on the trim and roof.

If things go well, I plan to build a large coop and run next year.

very nice, where did you get the wire? I'm having trouble finding the small holed wire in anything higher than 36" height and fine guage.

Last edited:
Very nice!!! Do you already have the chickens? What kind? If you plan on free ranging just be very careful. Many chicken owners (including me) have lost chickens to predators this way. Good luck and enjoy your chickens. We do.

Last edited:
Very nice materials, paint, and finish! Are you going to add a roost bar over the nest boxes? The top would serve as a nice poop board to scrape. The run is a bit smallish but secure. Wood shutters that hinge from the top would be good during windy stormy weather. You may need that dually or a tractor to move it around. I'll bet it is plenty heavy! I can't tell but it looks like you have vents at the roof edge.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom