Started Hatch in Cabinet incubator on Tuesday

Strader

Songster
8 Years
Apr 7, 2011
Yakima
Started 100 eggs on incubator on Tuesday. Hoping for some nice Delaware pullets in the mix. Hatching 40 for friends. Some eggs were 18 days ole so I'll no doubt loose a few. Will add hatch photo's. Built this incubator last year and holds temps really awesome. temp was 99.5 to 99.6 with only 1/10th change. Humidity at 40%

Wow, that's some incubator you built, way to go! And that's a whole lot of eggs! Good luck on your hatch.

Yes it has automatic egg turners, dual heaters in case one fails. Also has a fan behind each heating coil, a fan facing downwards from the top of front door, and one fan a bottom rear in back that faces upwards. Keeps air in circular motion.

sounds like you're an incubator expert!
lol.png

I read everything i could for quite awhile and looked at other cabinet incubator designs that were proven and had good reviews. Looked at everything internally and then looked for good parts that were dependable. Got a lot if things from incubator warehouse. I built the cabinet out of Melamine so it would always be cleanable. I used 3/8 thick lexan for cabinet door, because glass is not good at holding in heat, and of course breakable.

Sounds good!!! I think when i have too much time on my hands in the future i'll try to replicate something similar
lol.png

NOT a chance of baby getting to bottom fan is there ?
I have aluminum stand offs which are like small pieces of aluminum tubing that are keeping fans one inch from surface. I do have some new fan grills for them. Guess since have hatching trays that slide into egg tray positions i didnt think i would have to worry. I'll post my egg tray photos.

Back
Top Bottom