Starting a Muscovy Duck Club

Guys.. some of these photos are stunning, however some I can't use. I don't want to sound mean, but better to break everyone in sooner then later. Remember the pic I posted with the drake and I said.. I can't use this one.. it has weeds in the way.. that goes with snow, cages, and anything else that would distract from the actual duck. Also bad lighting, etc.. I can't and won't fix that. So lets post photos of our Muscovy's on the Pictures of Muscovy thread, lets post graphic usable pics here.
Again.. not being mean, just best to let everyone know what can and can't be used up front.
some of those pics are ..WOW.. ya.. Im going to find a way to use some of those.. they are awesome.

Well, my girl is not fully mature, but you could still use any images you like. I like to show her off anyway
wink.png

IMG_1515.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

Her name is Liza

Quote:
Thank you! I was out to prove I can actually take photos of my birds if given the right tools (ie: not a stupid camera phone!)

When do ducklings warm up to you? She is two months old (around). Is there a chance that she will ever eat out of my hand?

All of my ducks are anti social
th.gif
. Hopefully someone else with friendly ducks can chime in.

Quote:
Thank you! I was out to prove I can actually take photos of my birds if given the right tools (ie: not a stupid camera phone!)

When do ducklings warm up to you? She is two months old (around). Is there a chance that she will ever eat out of my hand?

i have had my 3 newest girls since the end of sept. and they are still afraid of us, it takes patience time and lots of treats, peas mealworms. and a host of other goodies.

She's beautiful! I have 2 that are like puppies. They come right up and beg for treats but the others are not so friendly. My two girls let me pet them while they are broody and I have always given them yummy treats from my hands. Start now letting her know you have the good treats and she will warm quickly to you.

Last night the excited little girl in me fell asleep and the adult started thinking.... We have all gotten carried away we need to step back and take our time to do this right if we want it to be a success that will be around for years to come we need to take this very seriously.

So I propose we do not publish the website until after the first of the year in the mean time we need to form a Founders Committee that committee will review and decide on the content, layout, motto, mission etc of the website once the committee has decided on each thing our hopefully fellow committee member and self appointed web mistress will add it to the site.

Who will be on this committee? The first 6-12 people who have a passion for muscovies and are interested in promoting the breed you are not required to have been raising them forever or be a breeder or showman.

What will be your job on the committee? All the members will have to help with web research (can you google?
big_smile.png
), review links and photo's, and review and discuss page content for the site nothing will be added to the site until the committee has approved it then when we approve something our web mistress will do her magic.
I think it would also be a good idea if we looked at as many poultry and waterfowl breed club websites as possible for ideas on what we should add or omit from our own site.

How & where will this committee discuss all of this? I think we should go old school back in the day before forums were invented they had e-mail list the head person would have an e-mail account and others who wanted to join would send them an e-mail saying please add me to the contact list then I will use my moms old soap list as a example one member would send their recipe to the list head who would forward it to all the members the members could reply and or share their own by sending that back to the list head who would forward again
caf.gif
The list heads job is just to forward so I would like to self appoint myself as committee head in charge of the e-mails I will just use my farm e-mail account since it doesn't have any saved contacts and I check it daily anyway. Our committee e-mails will only be for club related business no spam or chit chat we can chat on here as usual
wink.png
All e-mail subject lines must start with Muscovy and you would need to add my e-mail address to your contacts so when I forward messages to you'll they don't end up in your spam file.

We will still ( With the moderators blessings of corse
fl.gif
) use BYC as a resource for info and photos (if we need pictures we will start a topic or contest on here asking for some).

So if you think what I have said makes sense and you want to be apart of it please e-mail me at [email protected] put muscovy in the subject line and I will add you to the committee.

If you think I am a genius but do not wish to join by all means praise me in a reply to this post if you think I'm an idiot I guess you can say so in a reply also (it is still a free country)
gig.gif

Quote:
I will most definitely be a member, but I can not commit to being a committee member (pun anyone?
tongue.png
). I will not be breeding or keeping any large number of Muscovies, but I would love to have a resource to go to for information. There isn't a whole lot out there.

You should definitely not rush things
smile.png
Better to have it well prepared!

Back
Top Bottom