Starting a Muscovy Duck Club

Quote:
typically you have members in each district, however we have less then 10 members... so first you get the members, then you have districts.

True....

I personally think what would be helpful is once I get some data on the site where it looks like something real, then we all need to do the link share thing were you add the link to every website you can. This will in effect spread the word and get members. With out members, you don't have much of a club. Now.. this is what? 2? 3 Days in.. so we are off to a great start, however we need to all just go share a link somewhere to get this off the ground.
Thats sort of pointless until there is an actual website, and Im working on that, so.. to get the website done, we need data.. so help with data would be wonderful. Don't just post links.. as we don't want a website with nothing but links to other sites. Please email me the data that would go into the pages. The pages that are set up now, is the good foundation.
We also need to have a meeting. Everyone is tossing these huge ideas around, but no one has said... YES.. we will conference. With out organization, you can't have an organization.

We need to work together, thus a conference.

I realise I'm a little late to this but have tried to skim through the posts quickly and catch up....

Firstly, is there room for a Non-USA division, perhaps Europe or UK, I know there's a lot of you guys over there, so a friendly wave from this side of the (duck) pond...

Second, I'm happy to join, offer pictures, help out with committees or whatever is decided...

And if not, then I intend to set up the Royal Institute of English Muscovy with the associated US Duck Invasion Wing...

big_smile.png

Last edited:
Hi all
Thank you jewel for setting up and working on the website. and thank you kevin for setting up the yahoo group I will join it in a few minutes.

We can use the yahoo group as a committee page for the committee to discuss forming the club so no more ideas should be posted here or sent form one person to another in private messages, I do have tons of ideas but didn't want to post them until everyone settled down. I do think it is unrealistic to try and have a live conference we are dealing with a group of people in different parts of the country and with the holidays our farms and family's life is crazy now for everyone so I think we should just try and use the yahoo group it will work so just copy and paste your ideas from here to there and we can figure it all out there. Each idea should go in one post and we will discuss that idea in that thread until it is done then move to the next.

The starting group doesn't need to be large in fact it would be bad if it was. It is best if we only have about 8-12 devoted members to start with more then that and it will take to long to get everyone's vote or option on things. I have been in many different clubs and most of them only started with 4 members then once it was set-up more would join and some of them are still going strong today. If we cannot get the group we need to start up with from volunteers off of this topic then I would suggest we invite a few people to join our committee by way of pm's or e-mails but we need to make sure they know we need people willing to help us at this point the club is in no way ready for a member drive if someone wants to join but is not willing to do the work then we must tell them we will send them the club link once the website has been fully formed.

This project is going to take time if we want to do it right we must expect it to be at least one month from the time the full committee is formed before the site is complete and we are ready to start publicly posting our link out there so as to attract new members.

The pictures everyone is posting are great muscovies are really beautiful birds wether show quality or in pet colors
love.gif

Okay, I have read through the last few pages. I am trying to catch up with you all. Whew!

Here are some photos if you would like to use any. I am not a great photographer but I get a lot of hits on my website that I set up and built myself. That is how I keep my farm running, through sales from my website.

Not sure if it is helpful but there is a big difference in how a Muscovy stands and how other ducks stand. At some point we may want to make this a noticeable idea. Here is my Muscovy hen with some Runner babies.

9332_12-2-11_morning_wait.jpg

This is a 5 month old male that is going in the freezer soon. He will be our table guest at Christmas.

9332_meaty_12-2-11.jpg

Here is a Muscovy mama duck and her babies from this past summer.

9332_huggs_and_new_babies.jpg

A single Muscovy on top of the coop back before I trimmed their wings so they could not fly out and sleep in the trees at night. Though I dearly loved watching them fly around the farm. It was just beautiful!

9332_muscovy_possible_boy.jpg

Three more Muscovy back in the summer. Probably not a photo that is useable for the website but this is already loaded here on BYC so I thought I would toss it out here.

9332_3_of_a_kind.jpg

This is my adult Muscovy pair that started the whole mess for me. Although Huggs and Kisses were the two chocolate daughters I got to start with, I knew I wanted the parents to these 2 exceptional girls. This is Herman and Penelope.

9332_muscovy-hermann_penelope.jpg

Huggs on her nest, brooding some babies.

9332_huggs_4_mommy.jpg

More photos of Huggs and Kisses.

9332_outgoing_girl.jpg

9332_shy_girl.jpg

And for now that is all I have on BYC that is decent to show. I will try to take more photos of my group but they are so difficult to capture because of background trash, other ducks, chickens yadda, yadda.
I have a lot more photos on my hard drive but need to go through them to find some good profile photos.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom