MakMurrayFarm

Chirping
May 8, 2019
Hey y'all!!!!
I've been enjoying this site for many years.. But I decided to go ahead and make myself a member! I have always raised/owned chickens when I was younger. My husband and I recently (within the last year) got our own place! We live in South Georgia in a tiny town. When I was younger i raised silkies, and the love for them has followed me into my mid twenties. A few months ago we went to the Coweta Poultry Show and we bought our first several Silkies, and a pair of Seramas! I have a buff frizzle cockerel, a naked neck show girl pullet, and a satin silkie pullet. I only have 1 serama pullet, as the gorgeous frizzle cockerel suddenly passed away. They're all roughly 6-8 months old! Then I went a little buy crazy during chick days at TSC.. I bought about 40 silkies, and 4 POLISH !!! Never had polish chickens but I fell in LOVE and, now I've decided I want to pursue breeding them as well. I ended up having to have my 6th major surgery May 3rd, so I sold several of the silkie chicks that I purchased. I now have 8 silkie chicks, and 4 polish ( 2 are silver laced , and the other 2 are Mottled Houdans ) they have the COOLEST personalities. So I love my little farm that I've started! A little about me.. I have a year old Boxer female named Huntlee, and a year and a half old Yorkie named Harlynn! I have 3 step children, that I consider mine! My husband and I actually have a nice relationship with their mother, and coparent well! The kids LOVE LOVE LOVE that we have chickens, and enjoy the mini farm life I eventually want to become NPIP certified, and sell/ship eggs and chicks! I eventually (hopefully within the next 6 months) want to have different coops, with the breeds separated. Maybe even with trios or something similar to have pure colors. But that is just a hope, but I sure do hope I eventually can get that accomplished one of these days. The way I would love for this to work is for it to become a buisness/hobby for me while I'm in nursing schoo, past that also but you know what I'm saying. We all know extra money is nice, plus it coming from something I love and enjoy so much makes it that much better!!! My animals are my kids, and I totally baby every single animal I own! I enjoy writing so I'm sorry this is a long intro, but I hate to admit it probably won't be my last
If anyone would like to post some advice it would be greatly appreciated. I need all the insight I can get regarding starting up my own little farm, in hope's of making it into a small "profitable"/buisness type of situation. Because a little extra money would be absolutely amazing right now. I don't even really know how to start up a little business type of situation with this would work, or the best way to even attempt it lol. I really am not sure on how separating my flock by breeds would work best, and things along those lines. Then just any helpful advice at all would be awesome! I would love to chat about this if anyone is willing to send some helpful advice!!! Much love from a fellow chicken crazy lady

Love your enthusiasm! Good luck with making your little farm profitable and returning to the wonderful world of living with chickens. Looking forward to your future posts. I am a former journalist so my posts tend to have lots of writing, too!

I'm afraid I'm not much help as far as making your chickens pay off; I am trying to sell eggs this year, but since I previously gave them away, I feel guilty asking people for money. Someone here will have good advice, I'm sure.

Welcome to the group, glad you finally joined!!

I dont get it with all of the welcomes, just answer the woman's question!
Let me explain.
People join the forum. Then they go to the new members introductions section and post an introduction. Then members come along and welcome them.
Sometimes the new member includes questions and sometimes some members reply with answers while others don't but still welcome the new members.
Now do you get it?

Oh calm down! And no, not to be rude, but my brother and i are also looking into starting a chicken breeding farm... Chill out
Well then maybe post your own introduction thread with your own questions instead of piggy backing on someone else's then being rude because they're getting too many welcomes and not enough answers to satisfy your wants.
I'm a little too old to "chill out". Back in my day we were learning manners instead of chilling all day.

@MakMurrayFarm sorry for side tracking your thread.
Welcome to the forum.

Back
Top Bottom