Stella's Social Club

I can't compete with a purple egg but..........

I got my first two olive eggers today!

Here they are with a white egg:

Beautiful egg Kelly! I have a JG that lays a pale pinkish purple egg, but nothing like that.

Mary, I'm still waiting on my first OE. They are a BCM cross over an Araucana. The two oldest are in the egg flock and should start any time now. I am so anxious.

today must just be an olive-egg day: I have two OEs, both are "Amelias" as we call them in the NorCal thread, CL x penedesenca -- and one had stopped laying eggs for the past couple of months while she was broody -- just recently restarted. usually she & her sisters eggs are both a sort of pale olive-y green, but today one of them was MUCH darker than usual, while the other was much bluer than usual! here's a picture:

below them are my silver campine's first pullet egg, plus a cuckoo marans egg, for contrast!

today must just be an olive-egg day: I have two OEs, both are "Amelias" as we call them in the NorCal thread, CL x penedesenca -- and one had stopped laying eggs for the past couple of months while she was broody -- just recently restarted. usually she & her sisters eggs are both a sort of pale olive-y green, but today one of them was MUCH darker than usual, while the other was much bluer than usual! here's a picture:

below them are my silver campine's first pullet egg, plus a cuckoo marans egg, for contrast!
I have been getting one like the top left Amelia egg too! I thought it might be from one of the EExFBCM hens I have but now it must be one of the Amelias(I have 5 of them).

Last edited:
I have been getting one like the top left Amelia egg too! I thought it might be from one of the EExFBCM hens I have but now it must be one of the Amelias(I have 5 of them).

what's odd is that BOTH of the two top ones are from Amelias (the two i got from you, Ron), both laid this morning (in their new coop with Harold the CL) -- their eggs' shade changes considerably from day to day, & i have no idea what makes it darker or lighter or bluer...

what's odd is that BOTH of the two top ones are from Amelias (the two i got from you, Ron), both laid this morning (in their new coop with Harold the CL) -- their eggs' shade changes considerably from day to day, & i have no idea what makes it darker or lighter or bluer...

One of my Amelias lays a blue egg and one lays an egg that will be blue speckled with green one day and then the next day it will be half green. It looks like they have all gone olive colored now with one being grey sometimes.

It is an adventure with them for sure.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom