Stella's Social Club

We picked up our future herd sire Saturday, here is Honey Pot (his sire's name is Jackpot and his Dam's name is Honey Bun)

He wasn't being being cooperative with the photo shoot and for some reason my wife thought this would help:

Last edited:
I have a broody raising chicks now too!

From this morning:
Cute Ron! Ouch on her eye though!

I had a busy day yesterday. Clean out all five coops including the nest boxes. That took me all morning with trips on the Polaris to dump the shavings out in the pasture.

I am trying rice hulls in the nest boxes. They looked so nice and clean and the girls seems to like them. They don't stick to the wet egg like the shavings do. But they scorning the dumb Marans had made a huge mess out of theirs from sleeping in the nest boxes. I am going to go in their tonight and band the nest box sleepers and they are outta here! I am so sick of that. Broody is one thing, dumb is another! Then this morning they formed a nest in the clean shavings on the floor to lay their eggs! Idiots!

Then the rest of the day Michael helped me build shelves in my office/studio to hold more of my photography props. I am sick of digging through drawers to look for stuff. I found stuff I forgot I had!

I also made this wood table top to fit over a tall round glass outdoor table I was using to photograph on. It is a good height for me with my bad back. But, it being round and glass was a problem. Solved that! I stashed the extra tripod and light stands in the stall shower next door to my office. Nobody uses it and my stuff is at hand if needed. Little by little I'll get it where I want it! I sure and tired today. I made too many trips into town for materials that I can't even remember!

P.S. The shelves are level. That is just the camera distortion. Really.
Love the shelves, it looks very nice!

We picked up our future herd sire Saturday, here is Honey Pot (his sire's name is Jackpot and his Dam's name is Honey Bun)

He wasn't being being cooperative with the photo shoot and for some reason my wife thought this would help:

lau.gif
Love it! What a little cutie Honey Pot is. I got chastised from the DH for jumping with the kids at Sky Zone for my youngest son's birthday party. The foam pit is fun, but very hard to get out of.

Enough already!
rant.gif
2 more hens were on the nest last night. That makes broody #5 and #6. The really scary part is 4 of these broodies are first time broodies! Most of my yearly broodies haven't gone broody yet.
th.gif
One of the hens on the nest is Briet, my 3 or 4 year old Icelandic hen. The other is another Barnevelder. I hope my coop can hold all of these babies!

That woman should have been disbudded.
lau.gif
Honey Pot is too cute for words!

Enough already!
rant.gif
2 more hens were on the nest last night. That makes broody #5 and #6. The really scary part is 4 of these broodies are first time broodies! Most of my yearly broodies haven't gone broody yet.
th.gif
One of the hens on the nest is Briet, my 3 or 4 year old Icelandic hen. The other is another Barnevelder. I hope my coop can hold all of these babies!
Nothing to say here except...you win!
gig.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom