Stella's Social Club

So glad it didn't get any closer to you Linda.

I hadn't noticed any smoke here at home until this morning and then the smell is only slight. The smoke must have been going the other way.

I heard that the Amador fairgrounds were taking in all animals and finding space for them, even though they were right in the middle of their fair. They were accepting all large animals, but even chickens, rabbits and dogs. Just moving over the exhibits to make space for the pets.

Jason - were you at the Shell Station in Pollock Pines (off Sly Park Road) on Saturday? I went to get snacks on the way home with a bunch of boy scouts and I came out to my car next to a white pickup. I went to get in and I got barked at by a black and tan coonhound. As I was driving away, I wondered if it was you and Toby.

I got an update from my friend. Her street is still under evacuation. The fire perimeter looks like it's less than a block from her property. They were allowed back in, so they checked for the chickens. 9 had been killed by a predator, including their favorite Japanese rooster. 2 missing. The two oldest (5 yrs old) hens survived, a Delaware and an Ameraucana.They are really sad, especially about their beloved Sumo.
These are super nice people and I feel really bad that they lost their chickens. They foster dogs, he's a vet and volunteers his services. They had crates set up for the chickens, but were told to get out immediately, so didn't have time to catch them. All the other animals had been relocated the day before. They thought they'd have time to take the chickens, too.
They had problems with predators previously, so their run is hot wired. Because of the fire, they decided to open the run door when they left. They thought the risk of predation was less than that of burning alive.
One of their hens was a Dorking, so I'm going to give them a pullet. I'm looking for a Japanese rooster for them.

Linda, I'm glad your properties were spared. Sounds like the fire's stopped spreading. So many homes burned. This was a bad one.

I got an update from my friend. Her street is still under evacuation. The fire perimeter looks like it's less than a block from her property. They were allowed back in, so they checked for the chickens. 9 had been killed by a predator, including their favorite Japanese rooster. 2 missing. The two oldest (5 yrs old) hens survived, a Delaware and an Ameraucana.They are really sad, especially about their beloved Sumo.
These are super nice people and I feel really bad that they lost their chickens. They foster dogs, he's a vet and volunteers his services. They had crates set up for the chickens, but were told to get out immediately, so didn't have time to catch them. All the other animals had been relocated the day before. They thought they'd have time to take the chickens, too.
They had problems with predators previously, so their run is hot wired. Because of the fire, they decided to open the run door when they left. They thought the risk of predation was less than that of burning alive.
One of their hens was a Dorking, so I'm going to give them a pullet. I'm looking for a Japanese rooster for them.

Linda, I'm glad your properties were spared. Sounds like the fire's stopped spreading. So many homes burned. This was a bad one.
I'm so sorry they lost so many birds. Such a hard decision to make. I'm glad that so far, their home was spared. I hope it stays that way.

Last edited:

/hugs for youe friend im so sorry.

That is so sad!

Let me know if your friend wants any that I have.

Back
Top Bottom