Stella's Social Club

I opened my nest box lid and was surprised by 3 wellie chicks under my Light Brahma broody. I checked the calendar, and yep, they were supposed to hatch today. She has 5 eggs still left under her, so we'll see how many more she gets.
clap.gif

Sorry for my absence from the Stella thread. We have been going through a rough patch waiting for biopsy results on Michael. Unfortunately we got the news yesterday that he has prostate cancer. Now we are are waiting for a bone scan next week to see of it has spread before deciding on a course of treatment. I just don't have the motivation or desire to engage in my usual activities. I am sure we'll get through this but it is hard right now.

Love to all.

Mary
hugs.gif
I'm sorry to hear this. Praying for you both.

We are here when you are ready - and best wishes for a good outcome.

My brother in law was diagnosed with metastatic prostate cancer 7 years ago when he was 49, and has done very well. There are many treatment options available, so please do not be too discouraged if the tests come back with bad news.

Thanks everybody! It really means a lot to me. I hadn't said anything about what was going on out of concern for Michael's privacy. Last night I mentioned that I had been AWOL from the Stella thread and he said he didn't mind my sharing news with my Stella friends.

I am having a better day today but it's only 7:30! I hope to do a few things to get back into my normal routine. Yesterday Michael was on the phone constantly making appointments, re-scheduling, etc. I just laid on the couch and watched and listened. The nurse in me wants to take over and micro manage everything but I know that is not in the best interests of either of us.

I am planning the details of the period of time he will be recovering. Doctor said no lifting for a couple of months. I need to get in a supply of grass bales for the donkeys and goats and fill the feed shed with fifty pound bags of chicken feed, goat,chow, emu feed, and crimped oats. I can fill the feed buckets right from the bags if need be and won't have to lift or move them around.

But my goal for today is just to relax and get back to business as usual if even just a little. I need to get a blog post up for sure.

Thanks again for all the words of support. Kelly I will take you up on the offer. You will be my go to person when I need to vent about men being wimps when they are sick.
smile.png

We are here when you are ready - and best wishes for a good outcome.

My brother in law was diagnosed with metastatic prostate cancer 7 years ago when he was 49, and has done very well. There are many treatment options available, so please do not be too discouraged if the tests come back with bad news.
That is reassuring for sure. Michael older brother went through this 6 years ago so his input has been so helpful.

The doctor was most concerned because of the high number of the samples that came back positive. Because Michael is only 56 he said he would recommend more aggressive treatment than he would in a 70 year old. The next big hurdle is the bone scan.

Back
Top Bottom