Stella's Social Club

I love that. It shows up in my Facebook feed all the time and I always watch it over and over again!

Edited to say: Just for the record, nobody is getting hugged here until I get an egg!
yippiechickie.gif

They should start up soon!

17 for my flock today!

My 13 or so birds are giving me 5-8 eggs a day, very surprising to me considering the cold temps and short days - I did not put a light in the coop this year. But the weather is so moderate compared to last year.

Went to Mackinac Island yesterday, the boat has run all winter so far, when we went across the ice was paper thin in places and looked like black water. Made for good photos, but it was bitterly cold! Had to keep going inside to thaw out my camera (and my hands)

The Grand Hotel

My 13 or so birds are giving me 5-8 eggs a day, very surprising to me considering the cold temps and short days - I did not put a light in the coop this year. But the weather is so moderate compared to last year.

Went to Mackinac Island yesterday, the boat has run all winter so far, when we went across the ice was paper thin in places and looked like black water. Made for good photos, but it was bitterly cold! Had to keep going inside to thaw out my camera (and my hands)

The Grand Hotel

The dusk to dawn time is getting into the 11.5 hour range in Michigan. 12 to 14 hours a day is ideal for egg laying and it seems that hens are very sensitive to the increasing sun this time of year.

Nice picture! Have fun.

The Grand Hotel

So beautiful!

My mom and step dad will be there in June. They are doing the cruise through the Great Lakes from Chicago to Niagara Falls.

Quote: You need to hold a sign, Will Hug for Eggs!
gig.gif

Quote:
yippiechickie.gif

They should start up soon!

17 for my flock today!
tongue.gif
I got 6 Wed and 4 yesterday. I need more laying! My adult wellies haven't started back up yet.
Out of about 45 hens?

The Grand Hotel

Beautiful. I remember last winter you'd be taking the snow mobile to the island!

You need to hold a sign, Will Hug for Eggs!
gig.gif

Out of about 45 hens?

Beautiful. I remember last winter you'd be taking the snow mobile to the island!
I do not count my chickens!

If I did:

No more than that!

Oh how did I get 17 eggs....

Back
Top Bottom