Stella's Social Club

Mike I had to look,  thought we had  another version of YOU.  But it's you with a different user name.

I recognized the dogs. :)

I have been sick since the middle of last night. Allergic reaction to something. I had to drive to Sacramento early this morning then came home and stayed in bed all day. Tucker is happy.

Mike I had to look, thought we had another version of YOU. But it's you with a different user name.
I never liked the mlmddh. kept my initials and my name. Then went with proper names of Sunna and Mani, second option was Moose and Squirrel for the dogs on my lap., to replace Grumpy old man.

Thanks Kelly! For taking care of that!

Way back (like late 1950's) The International Kennel Club benched show in Chicago, used to be held at the International Amphitheater- huge venue. My favorite spot was the Mackinac Island fudge booth - they had a large marble topped table and worked the hot fudge ,in front of everyone ,on it. Prodding it and shaping it as it cooled, it was quite a show for a 12 yr. old girl. (this was before ice cream).

I got some chocolate with nuts for me, and maple for my mother. The Vizsla next to us jumped off the bench and wouldn't get back on. So I took a piece of fudge to lure him back. It worked but, while my back was turned my Cocker slurped up some of the fudge. I was furious. I didn't have anymore money for fudge. I packed it up and when I got home it was all dried up (from spit) and I never told anyone. We all had some and it tasted just fine, though not as much to go around as before.

Last edited:
Way back (like late 1950's)  The International Kennel Club benched show in Chicago, used to be held at the International Amphitheater-  huge venue.  My favorite spot was the Mackinac Island fudge  booth  -   they had a large marble topped table  and worked the hot  fudge in front of everyone on it.  Prodding it and shaping it  as it cooled, it was quite a show for a 12 yr. old girl. (this was before ice cream).

I got  some chocolate with nuts for me, and maple for my mother.     The Vizsla next to us jumped off the bench and wouldn't get back on.  So I took a piece of fudge to lure him  back.  It worked  but, while my back was turned my Cocker slurped up some of the fudge.    I was furious.  I didn't have anymore money for fudge.  I  packed it up and when I got home it was all dried up (from split)  and I never told anyone.  We all have some and it tasted just fine, though not as much to go around as before.

Well I was craving fudge until I read all the way through the post. Thanks Diva. Saved me a couple thousand calories.

I have about 15 too Ron

That's what I tell everyone too :)

Mutt's Fan    did you go all that way in bitter cold just to get Macinac  Island Fudge?

Sadly all the fudge shops are closed for the winter. One of the shops over there a carries my favorite fudge, penuche, a burnt sugar fudge.

In the winter there are only a few businesses open, 2 bar / restaurants, one a hotel as well, and two small stores that carry groceries and necessary items. Depending on the weather sometimes they are cut off for days at a time, if there is to much Ice for the boat, too little for snowmobiles, and too little visibility for the plane.

Mike I had to look,  thought we had  another version of YOU.  But it's you with a different user name.

I never liked the mlmddh. kept my initials and my name. Then went with proper names of Sunna and Mani, second option was Moose and Squirrel for the dogs on my lap., to replace Grumpy old man.

Thanks Kelly! For taking care of that! 

You are welcome!

My favorite valentine this year. From my eight year old.
love.gif

And my Lydia who knows she is my BIG helper helped me mix up Puffy Oven Pancakes for dinner tonight. She's getting pretty good at handling the mixer (although only for a few seconds at a time by herself!).

Rinda what a sweet valentine! I guess Lydia will be joining you in the cake baking business.

I can't use the mixer very long either, I have an old chrome one that's at least 20+ years old & heavy. My wrists can't take all that abuse. I take so many "time outs," that making anything is very slow & tedious. But, having said that, I think I could make up a batch of Betty Crocker brownies without the mixer. Yes, Lydia has inspired me.

BTW what are puffy oven pancakes? Never made any that way.

Back
Top Bottom