Stella's Social Club

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Sheriff, Jul 18, 2012.

1. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Ah darn.

I think I'll keep looking for a showgirl or two.
  2. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
  3. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Thanks Deb! I misunderstood. No thanks, I don't want new hatches. I finally got my EcoGlow back from the last time I loaned it to them! A couple of cute grow outs would be nice though.

Sorry you didn't get what you wanted to get done today. I am stoked to have gotten all the coops cleaned. Michael helped me and he even filled all the large waterers. I am worried that the nipple waterer won't keep them hydrated well enough in the heat. They just guzzle when they get a real waterer.

Let me know what you find tomorrow. I can't imagine having to go out and look to see what I have. [​IMG] You, Kathy, and Molly are in a league of your own. [​IMG]
  4. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

YAY - I am online! [​IMG] Another power outage for 3 hours - this one not caused by weather.

I am overloaded with broody hens and chicks. Tomorrow I plan to let them all out of their apartments and hope for the best. [​IMG]
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Kathy, you have been missed here[​IMG]
  6. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Oh, thank you! I miss you all, too. It has sure been a busy few weeks around here, it seems. I am hoping it will slow down now.

Mike and I were talking today (since the power went out and there was no TV, radio, or computer).... [​IMG]

ummm, talking about retirement. He retires July 1st, and I do on Sept. 1st. We decided to get a new vehicle first of all. Both of ours are old and have alot of miles on them. We need a good retirement vehicle, so we can up and go anytime we want to. THUS - the downsize continues.....

Emus - I am keeping only Fred. The others would keep me tied down too much.
    Chickens - I have a bunch of chicks growing out (extras that hatched late from orders I shipped). They will be going. I am going to have only a minimum number of poultry.

I think..... that's what I am thinking anyway. [​IMG]

Consider this a warning.........

I may be coming to visit you all !
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  7. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Kathy, nice to see you back online. We were worried about your weather.

I certainly understand how a lot of animals can keep you tied down. We traveled so much before buying property that I kind of got it out of my system. Every now and then I do wish we could just get in the motorhome and go! I need to find reliable animal sitters so we can do that. For now I am content. If my neighbor would turn down the volume on his music I would be even happier. It blared from 10 a.m. until 1:05 am yesterday, fifteen straight hours. I made tons of noise complaints to the security at the gated community and two sheriff's calls. Nothing had any effect. It has been going today since 7 a.m with no sign of letting up. I am so frustrated and out of Xanax. I am going to go the route of a civil suit. Calling the attorney on Monday. The house was foreclosed on and sold at auction almost six months ago and he is still there!

Good luck with your retirement plans. Maybe Molly or Deb would be interested in some of your chickens. [​IMG] I had been thinking what I could use that extra coop and run for, like maybe another breed? Luckily I thought of turning it into a retirement home before that happened.
  8. Miss Molly

Miss Molly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2012
    Newcastle California

NO MORE CHICKENS FOR ME! Its time for me to get things under control..Wish me luck :)
  9. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Kathy - glad to see you back. Invest in some automatic door openers and you can get away here and there without any issues. Of course, you can't have a bunch of babies in the brooder when you leave, but you can work it well with your adults. Being tied down is the only thing that keeps me from getting goats.

I love my auto door openers - speaking of which, it's June, time to change the batteries! I went up to check on the incubator and I have eggs peeping. My broody, Dusty, hatches hers in another week. I don't know how many of are still going - didn't candle the ones in the bator and can't candle the ones under Dusty. I might take a chick or two from her to let my welsummer broody raise - I don't know.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  10. Hangtown Farms

Hangtown Farms Overrun With Chickens

May 19, 2012
    good luck Molly !
    I hope everything is ok

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by